Marvel Super Heroes: War of the Gems (Prototype B)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Marvel Super Heroes: War of the Gems (Prototype B)|
|Download Marvel Super Heroes: War of the Gems (Prototype B) (info)|
A prototype of Marvel Super Heroes: War of the Gems for the SNES.
- Early prototype.
- Japanese prototype.
- Boots directly into the Marvel Comics logo screen. The trademark screen has not been implemented yet in this build.
- Completely different music is used during the opening sequence. The font used for this sequence is different as well.
- Text changes.
- After the opening sequence, the game goes right into the main menu. It doesn't say "PRESS START" or show the Capcom logo in this build.
- Title screen lacks music.
- The font used on the main menu is different and lacks the jewel as the selector. In this build it uses a ">". The trademark symbol is a slightly different color in this build.
- Options and Password cannot be selected in this build.
- This build lacks the post title screen demos. Instead it cycles through every single Player Profile, rather than just one like in the final.
- The Player Profile screen is missing the character name in bigger front. The screen itself also uses a different font as well.
- In the final, the stage select screen zooms out before giving you a selection. In this build it just loads up right away.
- The message box is a different color and lacks the speech. In this build, the text box actually tells you what stage number you have selected.
- A planet was removed from the final graphic, leaving only the moon and Earth.
- The placement of the markers are different in this build.
- Stage 4 is absent from the level select in this build.
- The icon for Stage 3 is different in this build.
- Pressing START doesn't select a stage in this build. Only pressing A does.
- The player select screen says "PRESS START" in this build. The final changed this to say "PLAYER SELECT".
- The item select screen is different in this build. For some reason it takes a lot longer for the stage to load in this build. All the item icons except for hte one on the far right have been altered/ The back drop on this screen is different and lacks a gradiant.
- This build is missing the "STAGE START" intro sequence for each stage, and instead just goes into the stage.
- PAUSE screen uses a different font.
- Item count is present under the player's HUD at all times.
- Stage 2 is missing foreground rocks. Enemies use a different palette.
- Stage 3 is missing the snow foreground layer and has an enemy spawned at the very start of the level.
- Stage 5 is missing the heat wave effect. This stage isn't normally selectable from the start.
- The training room is missing from this build.
|Marvel Super Heroes - War of the Gems (Prototype B).sfc||ROM file||2016-07-22 22:40:24||2 MB||ROM file.||bd68ba19211bddb37d7b763ac0934a9c36184c5e|
Special thanks to Frank Cifaldi at the Video Game History Foundation and the anonymous donor for this part of the lot! A huge thanks to ehw for researching this prototype!
- New Years 2022 (January 1, 2022)
- The Cutting Room Floor (TCRF)
- Internet Archive (IA)
- Video Game History Foundation (VGHF)