Metal Gear Solid (Apr 27, 1998 Pilot Disc)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Metal Gear Solid (Apr 27, 1998 Pilot Disc)
|Download Metal Gear Solid (Apr 27, 1998 Pilot Disc) (info)
An officially released prototype demo of Metal Gear Solid for the Sony PlayStation.
- A different font is used in the title screen.
- Codec icons now appear faster, with the arrows pointing up and down instead of left and right.
- Konami jingle sounds a bit different.
- The introductory cutscene plays without background music.
- First-person view (FPV) zoom initiates from an extended distance.
- Noticeable differences exist in the puddle and water textures within the Dock area.
- Alterations are apparent in the walking sound and running animation of the genome soldiers.
- The drum components of the encounter theme are different.
- The process of a guard spawning becomes noticable as the elevator descends, accompanied by a distinct elevator sound. Additionally, the alarm light is slightly brighter, the elevator textures take on a bluish hue, and the alarm sound exhibits a delayed onset.
- When trying to picking up an item, instead of the conventional red, a white font is displayed when an item reaches full capacity.
- The occurrence of an error sound when attempting to use a ration at full capacity is not present.
- Music no longer diminishes in volume upon entering the elevator.
- The elevator cutscene music is completely different.
- During a cutscene, the player is still allowed to pause the game.
- The sound of the chaff grenade detonation is different, now fading gradually after the explosion rather than playing until the jamming effect subsides.
- Stun grenades are labeled as "Stan" within the inventory.
- Running guards are now immune to damage of the SOCOM.
- Picking up a grenade while having no item equipped won't show the grenade after equipping them.
- While the guard is examining Snake while he's in a box, the player won't be able to unequip the box unless the guard spots you.
- After opening the inventory, the camera still follows Snake for a few frames instead of stopping immediately.