Mickey's Ultimate Challenge (Nov 12, 1993 prototype)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Mickey's Ultimate Challenge (Nov 12, 1993 prototype)|
|Download Mickey's Ultimate Challenge (Nov 12, 1993 prototype) (info)|
A prototype of Mickey's Ultimate Challenge for the Game Boy.
- An early build dated four months prior to the final build.
- The copyright year (which is 1994 in the final game) is missing from the copyright screen.
- This is also the case for the title screen. Additionally, the copyright placement on the title screen is slightly different.
- The game has no music or sound effects.
- Mickey's sprite is unfinished and appears to be missing a large number of pixels.
- The character seemingly cannot be changed on the character select screen.
- The opening animatic is not present.
- Mickey lands in a slightly different position on the tower in Beanswick as he does in the final. Addiitonally, the character nearby is absent.
- A large number of sprites and rooms are extremely unfinished and different.
- Text boxes are often a different shade to their final appearance.
- Some scenes are replaced with blank screens with the name of the scene on them.
- Challenges often differ from their usual goal.
- Some challenges and rooms appear to not be present at all.
- Game does not appear to be beatable.
- It's possible to walk on the water.
|Mickey's Ultimate Challenge (Nov 12, 1993 prototype).gb||ROM file||2020-09-28 21:20:00||128 KB||ROM file.||e6809004a3af32235e55a300f53b421a00c57b98|
Special thanks to Frank Cifaldi at the Video Game History Foundation and the anonymous donor for this part of the lot! A huge thanks to Hwd45 for researching this prototype!
- New Years 2022 (January 1, 2022)
- The Cutting Room Floor (TCRF)
- Internet Archive (IA)
- Video Game History Foundation (VGHF)