Moon Warrior (Apr 28, 1999 - Build 0.05)
|Moon Warrior (Apr 28, 1999 - Build 0.05)|
|Download Moon Warrior (Apr 28, 1999 - Build 0.05) (info)|
|Error: The download file provided does not exist, please upload it or fix the file name if it's incorrect.|
|Download Moon Warrior (Apr 28, 1999 - Build 0.05) from external mirror|
A prototype of the unreleased Moon Warrior for the Sony PlayStation.
- Moon Warrior is an unreleased PlayStation (PSX) game by SCE Studio Cambridge, developed concurrently to MediEvil 2. It was the brainchild of Tameem Antoniades, who revealed in a 2022 interview with NME that it was based on films such as Once Upon A Time In China and further described it as "Metal Gear, but Kung Fu." It is unknown when the game was cancelled, but it is speculated there may be later builds.
- The case displays a URL, http://moonwarrior.camb.scee.sony.co.uk/. It is speculated this was an internal website which hosted internal development documents and sketches, similar to known websites for Frogger and Tax Man.
- The game automatically loads the first level upon bootup.
- This prototype contains only 2 levels. KING'S GARDENS and WAREHOUSE2.
- The player model looks to be a bit unfinished as his head and his hands are untextured.
- There's a cube in the first level. This was probably used for testing purposes. It looks very similar to the blocks which comprise the unused 'QB.MAP' in Frogger, a game created by the same developers a few years prior.
- The player can't move in the second level. The player cycles through his attacking animations. You can explore the map using the debug camera.
The D-Pad is a bit unfinished. Pressing Up on the D-Pad plays a walking animation.
- Press START to pause the game and bring up a debug menu.
- Press and hold SELECT to slow down the game. (Perhaps this is taking a screenshot?)
- Use the Left Analog Stick to move.
- Use the Right Analog Stick to look around.
- Press X to kick.
- Press Square to punch.
- Press Circle to jump.
- Press L2 or R2 while moving to shuffle left and right.
- Press R1 to toggle a debug camera.
- Press R2 to toggle some sort of magic ability.
- Press R3 to rotate the camera 180°
- Pressing L3 plays an audio file: "For your crimes you will feel the sting of Shao Lin."
Pressing Square followed by X activates a debug animation where the player tries to strangle a person, but the person flips the player over. This can be confirmed by performing this move on the NPC who looks like the player character, who will perform a responding animation.
- Game is emulatable: Yes (as of April 4, 2022).
- Game contains dongle protection: No.
- Game contains debugging symbols: No.
Dan's Friend (Took museum photos, discussed stuff)