Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Download Mythri (info)|
A collection of art, music, and prototype builds of the canceled Mythri for the Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance.
- ART - Various art assets from GBC development
- CHARACTER ART - original key art of several characters
- PROMO ART - Several cool sketches, including some SD skits planned for our website
- SKETCHES - Concept sketches for spell effects, along with the end result
- BUILDS - Game ROMs you can play
- Mythri.gb - our publisher demo, vertical slice
- For some reason this will only play on the no$gmb emulator, which doesn’t work on recent versions of Windows. We can’t seem to figure out why (the cartridge I have still plays on any GBC or GBA, so this is odd)
- If you get it running, you can press “B” on the title screen to cycle through the entire soundtrack - proving it works on-device!
- Mythri.gba - our GBA demo
- IN GAME
- BATTLE BACKGROUNDS - Our in-game art for the backgrounds shown in battle mode, one for each environment.
- CHARACTER SPRITES - different collections of our in game sprites for map scenes.
- BATTLE ANIMS - Sprite sheets for our characters in battle mode
- HOW TO - Demonstration of our technique to get 6 colors instead of 3 onto GBC sprites: we cheated. Every character was actually 2 different sprites set on top of each other: One for black, white, and skintone, the other for character-specific colors.
- Originally we’d wanted to have the full party walk in a line, but the GBC can only display 10 sprites on a horizontal line. Meaning with our trick, only 1 character could appear next to the full party, making towns impossible. That’s how we settled on only displaying the lead character alone.
- MANGA STILLS - Our huge detailed story illustrations. Includes Full screen, half screen, and dialogue portrait. This is pretty much all of them covering the whole game.
- These are all based on drawings by Carolyn Carter and colored pixel-by-pixel by a variety of people, including Steve Robinson who did most of that insane sunset.
- MAPS - A variety of area maps (unfortunately we only made full-area images of this handful of sections. The rest only exist as editor files)
- SCREENSHOTS - The screenshots we gave to publishers along with our demo
- A sampling of music. You can actually hear the full soundtrack here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUXNk7IGWL4 or here: https://soundcloud.com/magicaltimebean/mythri-gbc-original-soundtrack
- xtra GBA VERSION
- Includes new key art, GBA demo screenshots, and graphic comparisons with original version. Also includes a press release.
- SKETCHES - various sketches created for GBA version, drawn by Carolyn Carter, Carsten Bradley, and Hethe Srodawa