Out of the Vortex (Prototype)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Out of the Vortex (Prototype)|
|Download Out of the Vortex (Prototype) (info)|
A prototype of Out of the Vortex for the Sega Mega Drive.
- Unreleased beat em up game based on the 1993 comic series of the same name. The game was never announced, referenced, or hinted at in any magazine or tradeshow event and remains a mystery. This build in particular is most likely a prototype meant for pitching the game to potential publishers.
- The exact identity of the original developers is a mystery. The ROM header suggests that the developer is "Pipozor", however, this company or developer has no prior record of ever existing. It's most likely a nickname for a developer who worked on the game instead, or an earlier name for a prexisting developer.
- Data analysis on the compression algorithm used in the prototype suggests a match to the same compression algorithm used in the Mega Drive game Cheese Cat-Astrophe Starring Speedy Gonzales, a game released in 1995 by Cryo Interactive Entertainment, a video game company based in Paris, France that consisted of ex Infogrames developers (Philippe Ulrich, Rémi Herbulot and Jean-Martial Lefranc). Combined with this knowledge, we were able to locate an identity behind "Pipozor", who turns out to possibly be lead programmer for Cryo Interactive Entertainment David Saulnier, who used to operate a personal website named "pipozor.com" that is no longer in operation.
- No music or sound.
- No title screen.
- Level select.
- Game can crash at random moments.
|Out of the Vortex (Prototype).md||ROM file||2019-06-07 21:45:32||2 MB||ROM file.||27eca8fbf6a120d8372bed07b22cbfba951a763a|
Special thanks to Frank Cifaldi at the Video Game History Foundation and the anonymous donor for this part of the lot! A huge thanks to ehw for researching this prototype!
- New Years 2022 (January 1, 2022)
- The Cutting Room Floor (TCRF)
- Internet Archive (IA)
- Video Game History Foundation (VGHF)