PaRappa the Rapper (Sep 24, 1996 prototype)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|PaRappa the Rapper (Sep 24, 1996 prototype)|
|Download PaRappa the Rapper (Sep 24, 1996 prototype) (info)|
|Download PaRappa the Rapper (Sep 24, 1996 prototype) from external mirror|
A prototype of PaRappa the Rapper for the Sony PlayStation.
The Cutting Room Floor research
- EXE is dated 3 days before NTSC-J final's EXE of 09-27-1996.
- Stage 7's audio file, STAGE7.XA1 apparently differs from final, however the differences are trivial/unnoticeable. This also applies to Stage 3's FMV. These may need further investigating, but the files in the final build could just be simple re-renders or exports.
- S8/XMOVIE8.STR, the end credits of the game, includes a credits sequence that differ from the final build slightly. A couple of examples include "P.Fleaswallow" being referred to as "P.Freaswallow" and Joe Chin's last name being lowercased.
- The executable file is named PRR.BIN instead of SCPS_180.02. This appears to differ from the final build but at this time it is unsure in what ways.
- Every folder's COMOD(X).BIN file differs from the final build. As there seems to be a lack of public documentation for PaRappa 1's file formats, all that can be gathered is that there seem to be a lot of internal differences from these bin files to the final. The English dialogue appear to match the final NTSC-J release, unsure of Japanese dialogue.
- Special thanks to Hwd45 for assisting with the initial research for the build.