Paperboy (Apr 17, 2000 prototype)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Paperboy (Apr 17, 2000 prototype)|
|Download Paperboy (Apr 17, 2000 prototype) (info)|
|Download Paperboy (Apr 17, 2000 prototype) from external mirror|
A prototype of Paperboy for the PlayStation.
- Plextor drive dumped the disc in scrambled mode. Descrambled version is included.
- Unreleased game
- The loading screen is a bar on the bottom-left of the screen made up of squares of many different colors. The screen glitches a bit, too.
- The top-left of the screen is overlaid with 4 lines that oscillate in length throughout
- There is no audio in the first part of the opening sequence
- The cut scene where music finally plays is still pretty rudimentary, with the angle of view wrongly positioned against the ground
- Title screen is improperly zoomed in
- While there is music in various points, no sound effects have been implemented yet.
- Options menu gives the option for Secret Codes.
- Debugging options are available by default
- Controller rumble feature is even a feature
- The player can choose between a paperboy or papergirl
- The map can be selected
- There is even a Training stage
- There needs to be a fair bit of optimization, as the game loads after nearly every menu selection
- In-game, the player must throw the morning paper at the required number of houses under a timer.
- The player can make the bike jump with the O button
- R2 freezes the game when held down
- R1 throws a paper, which the player has a limited number of. A trajectory arrow indicates where the thrown paper will land
- Controls are rather floaty, with the player easily drifting in the air when jumping
- Score system based on the least number of newspapers thrown (misses), completion time, etc.
- Miscellaneous Notes:
- Game is emulatable: Yes (as of April 17, 2021).
- Game contains dongle protection: No.
- Game contains debugging symbols: N/A
- Dump was originally scrambled: Yes
|PSX - Paperboy (Track 01).bin||File||2021-04-12 01:01:12||185.98 MB||706efe2df9ab781f44574ac41a18f841b8d3a98a|
|PSX - Paperboy (Track 02).bin||File||2021-04-12 00:55:19||15.98 MB||ab2e2ffd3e50dab40b022114605497da133379b9|
|PSX - Paperboy (Track 03).bin||File||2021-04-12 00:55:20||9.67 MB||045a19df251bf3352dcfa1b265af9bcad836228f|
|PSX - Paperboy (Track 04).bin||File||2021-04-12 00:55:20||15.82 MB||5c930f783aca26e2331f895fbb859cdbfb576813|
|PSX - Paperboy (Track 05).bin||File||2021-04-12 00:55:21||9.76 MB||f600deed281853861fb6ca5823e610e364875f47|
|PSX - Paperboy (Track 06).bin||File||2021-04-12 00:55:21||11.38 MB||dff2e8a9a788f58df92645229dc21dc05f2cb1be|
|PSX - Paperboy (Track 07).bin||File||2021-04-12 00:55:22||19.18 MB||d371b3875d409b81426caad290901076210e242b|
|PSX - Paperboy (Track 08).bin||File||2021-04-12 00:55:22||8.63 MB||6c0b208c8fdcf7140473b3930f02ab5cf9c31eb3|
|PSX - Paperboy (Track 09).bin||File||2021-04-12 00:55:23||15.32 MB||f1209dd792a96af4d94d903a59a92586c528d821|
|PSX - Paperboy (Track 10).bin||File||2021-04-12 00:55:24||19.46 MB||dc31f3ee75c0bdc36705878ad13e511b05fc9989|
|PSX - Paperboy (Track 11).bin||File||2021-04-12 00:55:24||18.13 MB||9d5ef337808c716e74f00bed89ca1d464d6ba865|
|PSX - Paperboy (Track 12).bin||File||2021-04-12 00:55:25||10.71 MB||f632b630764a772617487b973bf802da095ee0a7|
|PSX - Paperboy (Track 13).bin||File||2021-04-12 00:55:25||9.67 MB||00a7a355a30d81e7933d3116ab2166411efdbeeb|
|PSX - Paperboy (Track 14).bin||File||2021-04-12 00:55:26||15.84 MB||e8b168b4f755818d5a1ecc49d9908dc19362933c|
|PSX - Paperboy (Track 15).bin||File||2021-04-12 00:55:26||12.15 MB||7c822ffdbde811506ec5c6f5f8f6345091405df0|
|PSX - Paperboy (Track 16).bin||File||2021-04-12 00:55:27||26.17 MB||5810f8856e3e3911bd67696037d756d6e124af43|
|PSX - Paperboy (Track 17).bin||File||2021-04-12 00:55:28||10.83 MB||f143bcaadcb1a6957d338e5316f34465679f17b9|
|PSX - Paperboy.cue||File||2021-04-12 00:55:28||1.8 KB||f4c9dbf736d0606879f5230a7224f734f4f57f22|
|PSX - Paperboy.jpeg||File||2020-12-15 22:58:37||1.1 MB||72bcd7176f95dba4ac8e3c7f1ae12533bd270b81|
A huge thanks to Iniche for doing the initial research on this prototype!