Raiden Trad (JP Prototype)
|Raiden Trad (JP Prototype)|
|Download Raiden Trad (JP Prototype) (info)|
|Error: The download file provided does not exist, please upload it or fix the file name if it's incorrect.|
A prototype of the Japanese version of Raiden Trad (Raiden Densetsu).
- The game softlocks at the beginning of Stage 6. After completing Stage 5, your ship automatically boards a carrier and launches into space, however in the prototype you can move freely during this sequence. The ship is permanently frozen in place once the background tries to change to the space background.
- It is currently unknown if Stage 6 and beyond are programmed, due to the lack of a level select cheat/code.
- The player's homing missiles are slower than in the retail version.
- The game does not pause when the player gets a game over (after exhausting all continues or not using a continue). This is also a softlock.
- When continuing via the Start button, the game is also paused.
- The splash screen before the title screen is missing, and the title screen is missing copyright information.
- The title screen loops back to itself continuously instead of showing the high score table and a demo.
- The options screen allows you to choose up to 8 lives, bombs, and continues. In the retail version, these options are limited to a maximum of 5, 5, and 3 respectively.
- Normal difficulty is misspelled "Noroal". All difficulties in the prototype appear to be identical to Pro difficulty.
- The player can become randomly invincible due to a bug. It's currently unknown what causes this.
- In 2 Player mode, if one player loses all their lives, their ship's hitbox is still present and can be hit by the other player to produce sparks.
Release article on Gaming Alexandria