Ring: The Legend of the Nibelungen (Sep 9, 1999 prototype)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Ring: The Legend of the Nibelungen (Sep 9, 1999 prototype)|
|Download Ring: The Legend of the Nibelungen (Sep 9, 1999 prototype) (info)|
A prototype of the unreleased Ring: The Legend of the Nibelungen port for the Sega Dreamcast.
- This is Ring (not to be confused with the Japanese film Ring), this was developed by Arxel Tribe and released for PC in 1998.
- This prototype Ring DC is dated 1999-09-09. Unfortunately, only the disc 2 (of 3) is available. The prototype was initially locked on the 'Insert Disc 1' screen and was not usable as is.
- Along with the original image, you will find 2 additional images, which were fixed in order to bypass the lock screen:
- RingDemo: RingDemo is the most accurate image as it's exactly the same as the original image but with the lock screen removed. When the game boots, in order to have the controller working, you need to unplug/plug a controller from the Dreamcast, at least on the Demul emulator. This strange behaviour is certainly a bug on the original prototype.
- Ring2: Ring2 is an alternate version of the same files which boots directly on the RING2.EXE executable file. The 'Loading' splash screen will not appear on it but the controller bug is not present, allowing you to move the mouse cursor directly after booting.
- You may start a new game on both prototypes, even if it's the Disc 2. The game start point seems to be different from the original game but at least, it will give you a preview of the prototype.
- This is a Windows CE game, so compatibility is limited to only a few emulators (such as DEmul and Flycast).
As always, thanks to Laurent C. for that rare find/release. https://www.dreamcastsegainfo.org/
- Original release article on DreamcastSegaInfo. (Archive)
- Original release thread on ObscureGamers.com.