|Sonic Adventure Taikenban (Mar 2, 1999 build)
||Mar 2, 1999
||SONIC ADVENTURE NOT FOR RESALE TAIKENBAN
||JP Dec 10, 1998|
US Aug 12, 1999
EU Sep 9, 1999
||JP Dec 23, 1998|
US Sep 9, 1999
EU Oct 14, 1999
A short playable demo made exclusively for Japan of Sonic Adventure for the Sega Dreamcast.
The Cutting Room Floor research
- Made a few months after the initial Japanese release.
- The build seems to be loosely based on the initial Japanese release as it still contains all the files used in the original with slight alterations.
- This build seems to have been made around the time when work on the International versions had just started.
- The build contains level layout and other aesthetic changes to make the game overall much easier than the final (for instance, Chaos 0 dies in one hit, stage hazards in Emerald Coast have been removed, etc).
- As Sonic, the game ends after the conclusion of the first Eggman boss battle.