Sonic Chaos (Jul 13, 1993 prototype)
From Hidden Palace
|Sonic Chaos (Jul 13, 1993 prototype)|
|Download Sonic Chaos (Jul 13, 1993 prototype) (info, raw dump)|
A prototype of Sonic Chaos (also known as Sonic & Tails in Japan) for the Sega Master System.
The Cutting Room Floor research
- While the EPROMs state the date "13-7", the ROM itself says "MS SONIC.THE.HEDGEHOG.3 Ver0.20 1993/06/30 @SEGA/Aspect Co.,Ltd".
- The build lacks an intro.
- The title screen lacks the song used from the final. The trademark symbol is missing from the logo.
- The game will go to a "demo mode" after a few seconds at the title screen. However, no demos have been recorded yet and so the player just stands in place for a few seconds.
- Pressing start at the title screen brings you to the level select.
- Strings for five special stages can be located in the ROM immediately after the level select strings but they do not load for some reason.
- The sound test hasn't been programmed yet.
- The title card for each level is slightly different in comparison to the final retail release.
- Different Death BGM.
- The running shoes do not work yet.
- It doesn't like you can go to the special stage yet.
- In this prototype, the music stops as soon as the end level sign hits the ground. In the final, the music stops as soon as it's touched.
- The boss bgm is different.
- The invincibility bgm is slightly different (everything seems to play at a slightly higher octave).
- The level complete jingle after defeating a boss is different.
- The BGM used in Electric Egg Zone is completely different and seems to be based on the varient of the introduction theme.
File Archive Contents
|Sonic Chaos (Jul 13, 1993 prototype).sms||File||2019-10-13 23:55:08||512 KB||982012a4868315c888c936ca3283fee8c5170cdf|