|Sonic Chaos (Jul 13, 1993 prototype)
||Jul 13, 1993
|File release date
||November 2, 2019
||Sonic Month 2019
||SONIC CHAOS GG 13-7
||True-USB PRO GQ-4X
|| Sega Master System
||EU Aug 3, 1993|
||EU Nov 27, 1993|
A prototype of Sonic Chaos (also known as Sonic & Tails in Japan) for the Sega Master System.
The Cutting Room Floor research
- While the EPROMs state the date "13-7", the ROM itself says "MS SONIC.THE.HEDGEHOG.3 Ver0.20 1993/06/30 @SEGA/Aspect Co.,Ltd".
- The build lacks an intro.
- The title screen lacks the song used from the final. The trademark symbol is missing from the logo.
- The game will go to a "demo mode" after a few seconds at the title screen. However, no demos have been recorded yet and so the player just stands in place for a few seconds.
- Pressing start at the title screen brings you to the level select.
- Strings for five special stages can be located in the ROM immediately after the level select strings but they do not load for some reason.
- The sound test hasn't been programmed yet.
- The title card for each level is slightly different in comparison to the final retail release.
- Different Death BGM.
- The running shoes do not work yet.
- It doesn't like you can go to the special stage yet.
- In this prototype, the music stops as soon as the end level sign hits the ground. In the final, the music stops as soon as it's touched.
- The boss bgm is different.
- The invincibility bgm is slightly different (everything seems to play at a slightly higher octave).
- The level complete jingle after defeating a boss is different.
- The BGM used in Electric Egg Zone is completely different and seems to be based on the varient of the introduction theme.
Turquoise Hill Zone Act 1.
Turquoise Hill Zone Act 2.
Turquoise Hill Zone Act 3.
Mecha Green Hill Zone Act 1.
Mecha Green Hill Zone Act 2.
Mecha Green Hill Zone Act 3.
File Archive Contents
| Sonic Chaos (Jul 13, 1993 prototype).sms
|| 2019-10-13 23:55:08
|| 512 KB
00007ff0 54 4d 52 20 53 45 47 41 ff ff 71 af ff ff ff 4f TMR SEGA..q....O