|Sonic the Hedgehog CD (May 10, 1993 prototype)
||May 10, 1993 13:19:12
||CD Sonic the Hedgehog
|File release date
||Brazilian eBay seller (2000) Unknown (2000-present)
||Sonic the Hedgehog CD
|| Sega CD
||JP Aug 6, 1993|
EU Aug 27, 1993
US Oct 12, 1993
||JP Sep 23, 1993|
EU Oct 1, 1993
US Nov 19, 1993
A prototype of Sonic the Hedgehog CD for the Sega CD.
The Cutting Room Floor research
- This is the only existing dump of this build of Sonic the Hedgehog CD.
- The original disc was sold on eBay by someone in Brazil in early 2000. The owner of the disc gave user profund darkness a iso/mp3 dump of the disc, who then released the dump onto the internet along with dumps of other Sonic CD prototypes. The original disc has since been sold and is now lost.
- The title screen is completely different from the final version, and uses 320×224 resolution rather than the final's 256×224. It also credits Keiko Utoku, the singer of "Sonic - You Can Do Anything":
- The Special Stage is not yet playable, but a demo can be seen on the title screen. The text "The programmer has a nap. Hold out! Programmer!" flashes repeatedly, which indicates the programmer's laziness.
- The Special Stage music is extended, lasting four-and-a-half minutes:
Click to listen
- The jump sound is more low-pitched than the final version.
- Most of the music is the same as the Japanese/European soundtrack, but without fade-outs.
- The game has a SEGA logo with the classic "SEEEGAAA!" sound. It was removed from the 712 prototype and up due to the BIOS including it.
This article is missing gameplay screenshots. You can help by editing the article and adding them.
| Sonic CD (Beta).iso
|| 31.82 MB
| Sonic CD (Beta) 02.mp3
|| 1.65 MB
| Sonic CD (Beta) 03.mp3
|| 1.23 MB
| Sonic CD (Beta).cue
|| 2.4 KB
| Work in progress!