Spyro: Year of the Dragon (Sep 4, 2000 prototype)
|Spyro: Year of the Dragon (Sep 4, 2000 prototype)|
|Download Spyro: Year of the Dragon (Sep 4, 2000 prototype) (info)|
|Download Spyro: Year of the Dragon (Sep 4, 2000 prototype) from external mirror|
A prototype of Spyro: Year of the Dragon for the PlayStation.
- An NTSC-U review build dated about 10 days before the final.
- Like the first revision of the final game, the file dates do not reflect when the game was actually built. However, there is a build string in the save file information which indicates a build date of September 4th, 2000.
- A similar string is also seen in the game's demos.
- The string - SPYRO_3(pal)-v.9.4 - claims the build to be a PAL version, when it's actually NTSC-U. This build string may thus be left over from a slightly earlier version.
- A number of cutscenes have minor audiovisual differences when compared to their final counterparts.
- Bianca is absent from the final Sorceress battle, and defeating the Sorceress does not play the credits.
- The final egg is named "Zan Jayna" as opposed to "Yin Yang".
- The Atlas lists Super Bonus Round as having 6 eggs instead of 1.
- Two levels have slightly stricter egg requirements.
- A number of sound effects are still missing throughout the game.
- There are a number of glitches present that were fixed before the final release.
- Dongle protection is present in this build, which can stop the game from running on real hardware and certain emulators. The game will reach the Universal logo screen before halting.
- The dongle protection can be bypassed using the included patch, or by setting the int at address 0x80078CD0 to zero. However, patching the dongle will result in the game's anti-crack protection being triggered.
- In lieu of patching, a memory card card file containing the dongle save can be downloaded in mcd format here or in raw format here.
- The memory card containing the dongle has to be inserted into Slot 2.
- Miscellaneous Notes:
- Game is emulatable: Yes (as of April 17, 2021).
- Game contains dongle protection: Patched.
- Game contains debugging symbols: No
- Dump was originally scrambled: No
Like the final release, a number of cheats are present in this version, but they differ dramatically from the final game and generally exhibit more debug / QA-like features. All of these can be enabled by inputting the following codes in pause menu.
|99 lives||R2, L2, R2, L2, Up, Up, Up, Up, O|
|Big head Spyro||Up, Up, Up, Up, R1, R1, R1, R1, O|
|Dialogue test||Square, Square, O, O, Square, Square, O, O|
|Colour change||Up, Right, Down, Left, Up, Square, R1, R2, L1, L2, Up, Left, Down, Right, Up, ?||The last button determines the colour
Red = O | Blue = X | Pink = Square | Green = Triangle | Black = Down | Yellow = Up
|Extra hit point||Square, Up, Square, Down, Square, Left, Square, Right, O|
|Flat Spyro||Left, Right, Left, Right, L2, R2, L2, R2, Square|
|Global difficulty||O, Square, Right, Left, Right, Square, O, ?||The last button determines the difficulty mode. A lower number means an higher difficulty.
30 (easy) = O | 0 (normal) = X | -40 (hard) = Square
|Local / minigame difficulty||Left, Right, Square, O, Square, Right, Left, ?||The last button determines the difficulty mode. A lower number means an easier difficulty.
-1 = Triangle | 0 = O | 1 = X | 2 = Square
|Max collectable totals||Square, Square, Square, Square, O||Sets all level gem and egg counts to their maxima,
the total collected gems to 20,000 and the total eggs collected to 154 (which displays as 150)
|Level/Cutscene warp||Up, Down, Up, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Square, ?, ?||The last two buttons determine the level/cutscene ID
O = 0 | 1 = X | 2 = Square | 3 = Triangle | 4 = Right | 5 = Down | 6 = Left | 7 = Up | 8 = R1 | 9 = R2
|Permanent invincibility||O, O, O, O, X|
|Permanent superflame||R1, R2, L1, L2, R1, R2, L1, L2, O||Causes crashing in levels where the superflame is not present|
|Squidboard||Up, Up, Left, Left, Right, Right, Down, Down, Square, O, Square|
|View credits||Square, O, Square, O, Square, O, Left, Right, Left, Right, Left, Right|
The treasure finder cheat isn't present in this build.
|PSX_-_Spyro_Year_of_the_Dragon_#11.xdelta||File||2020-12-16 17:20:39||2 KB||8830cf6d70079765ffc87e4d116511c6c3bb65ef|
|PSX - Spyro Year of the Dragon #11.img||File||2020-12-15 16:19:08||534.81 MB||2485e5aed67a2f6c84c6e31d69bb5e1922e6f62f|
|PSX - Spyro Year of the Dragon #11.cue||File||2020-12-15 16:03:37||98 bytes||90a708777dfffba61309ce09ef9788a5cf5f3c52|
|PSX - Spyro Year of the Dragon #11.ccd||File||2020-12-15 16:03:37||771 bytes||b131a270c5672c2539c821b26288f46cc94eb701|
|PSX - Spyro Year of the Dragon #11.sub||File||2020-12-15 16:20:00||21.83 MB||ddd4e25ff05ddde00aa343fe212eaf4d356aeedd|
|PSX - Spyro Year of the Dragon #11.jpg||File||2021-03-14 12:13:05||121.8 KB||3e69c6552a43e4d1ced648e31a86d1354f519c2a|
A huge thanks to Hwd45 for doing the initial research on this prototype!