Suske en Wiske: De Tijdtemmers ~ Bob et Bobette: Les Dompteurs du Temps (Prototype A)
|Suske en Wiske: De Tijdtemmers ~ Bob et Bobette: Les Dompteurs du Temps (Prototype A)|
|Download Suske en Wiske: De Tijdtemmers ~ Bob et Bobette: Les Dompteurs du Temps (Prototype A) (info)|
A prototype of Suske en Wiske: De Tijdtemmers ~ Bob et Bobette: Les Dompteurs du Temps for the Game Boy Color.
- Early prototype.
- Different Infogrames logo.
- Slightly different Standaard Multimedia logo.
- Language screen indicates the languages using flags rather than just text. The music on this screen is missing.
- Timing in intro animatic is slightly different.
- During cutscenes, the text that is displayed is blue and moves across a slim black banner - in the final, the text is black and is placed against a wider white text box. This also applies to the text boxes that would normally be speech bubble shaped - they are not indicated as speech bubbles here, and are sometimes placed differently on-screen.
- There are some minor artwork differences during the intro sequence. Several of the images are clearly unfinished and contain large sections of incorrectly coloured pixels. Oddly, some shots seem to have slightly more detailed shading than the flatter look used in later builds.
- The second-to-last frame is most noticeably different, with each of the characters being drawn slightly differently to their final looks.
- The title screen is missing - the game instead jumps straight to the main menu.
- The text on the main menu is missing.
- The world screen has a slightly different layout, is missing its text and has some different-looking UI elements.
- In-game HUD is often different colours:
- It's blue whenever it would normally be grey.
- It's purple whenever it would normally be green.
- Matches final when the final HUD is blue.
- Has placeholder level names.
- Levels start in different places from their final locations, often in strange locations. Players start the game with different stats / power-ups.
- Lots of unfinished or missing artwork in-game, palettes used are often different.
- Levels overall very unfinished.
|Suske en Wiske - De Tijdtemmers ~ Bob et Bobette - Les Dompteurs du Temps (Prototype A).gbc||ROM file||2019-12-22 20:27:08||512 KB||ROM file.||b215146fe8e2a5836d0ac6fa4785f95db464fc1a|
Special thanks to Frank Cifaldi at the Video Game History Foundation and the anonymous donor for this part of the lot! A huge thanks to ehw, Hwd45 for researching this prototype!