|The Godfather (May 16, 2005 Prototype)
||May 16, 2005 21:21:28
|File release date
||July 27, 2020
||XDK Hard Drive
||EU Feb 7, 2006|
US Feb 5, 2006
||US Mar 21, 2006|
EU Mar 24, 2006
A prototype of The Godfather for the Microsoft Xbox.
- This is a demo that was built for E3 2005.
- Appears to only work properly on a debug kit or on emulators.
- Built about eight and a half months before the first available final build.
- The title screen is very different.
- Attract trailer is the E3 2005 Trailer.
- Only one neighbourhood is playable in this build which is Little Italy.
- It turns out two neighbourhoods were cut through looking at the text files. They were the Upper West Side and Queens.
- Three events can be played which are the Don Is Dead Story Mission, Clemenza's Hit Mission and Emilio's Butcher Shop Racket.
- The Notepad has a very basic design.
- Aldo uses the name "David DeMartini" when you look at Tom's Report.
- Aldo will respawn when Iced.
- There are additional stats in Tom's Report that were cut from release.
- Finishing the Don Is Dead Mission sends you back to the title screen.
- The cutscene for the Don Is Dead Mission is different.
- Clemenza can be killed in this build.
- Clemenza's hit mission was quite different to the final game's.
- Aldo Trapani's model is entirely different than the final game's.
- Racket Boss in Emilio's Butcher Shop is a placeholder model.
- Aldo Trapani, Emilio the Butcher, the Racket Boss, Cuneo's, Bobby Marcolini and Don Corleone's Assassins all use placeholder voice actors.
- Tom's Report in the pause menu is drastically different to the final game's.
- HUD is very unfinished, radically different and lacks detail.
- Shotgun and Tommy Gun weapons uses placeholder sound effects.
- Blackhand uses placeholder sound effects.
- Environment sound effects are different.
- Action text for talking and interrogating is different.
- Vendetta and Heat use placeholder sound effects. Heat was known as "Crimewatch" during this stage of development.
- Contains earlier renditions of the games soundtrack.
- Two music tracks go unused in this build.
Original release thread on ObscureGamers.