The Godfather (May 16, 2005 Prototype)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|The Godfather (May 16, 2005 Prototype)|
|Download The Godfather (May 16, 2005 Prototype) (info)|
|Error: The download file provided does not exist, please upload it or fix the file name if it's incorrect.|
A prototype of The Godfather for the Microsoft Xbox.
- This is a demo that was built for E3 2005.
- Appears to only run properly on a Xbox or on emulators with 128MB of memory. The build will run out of memory and hang after pressing start when ran on retail hardware.
- Built about eight and a half months before the first available final build.
- Different Electronic Arts logo.
- Different Paramount logo.
- Copyright information is displayed under the Godfather splash screen.
- The title screen is very different.
- Attract trailer is the E3 2005 Trailer.
- There is no loading screen. The screen freezes until the level is loaded.
- Only one neighbourhood is playable in this build which is Little Italy.
- It turns out two neighbourhoods were cut through looking at the text files. They were the Upper West Side and Queens.
- Three events can be played which are the Don Is Dead Story Mission, Clemenza's Hit Mission and Emilio's Butcher Shop Racket.
- The Notepad has a very basic design.
- Aldo uses the name "David DeMartini" when you look at Tom's Report.
- Aldo will respawn when Iced.
- There are additional stats in Tom's Report that were cut from release.
- Finishing the Don Is Dead Mission sends you back to the title screen.
- The cutscene for the Don Is Dead Mission is different.
- Clemenza can be killed in this build.
- Clemenza's hit mission was quite different to the final game's.
- Aldo Trapani's model is entirely different than the final game's.
- Racket Boss in Emilio's Butcher Shop is a placeholder model.
- Aldo Trapani, Emilio the Butcher, the Racket Boss, Cuneo's, Bobby Marcolini and Don Corleone's Assassins all use placeholder voice actors.
- Tom's Report in the pause menu is drastically different to the final game's.
- HUD is very unfinished, radically different and lacks detail.
- Shotgun and Tommy Gun weapons uses placeholder sound effects.
- Blackhand uses placeholder sound effects.
- Environment sound effects are different.
- Action text for talking and interrogating is different.
- Vendetta and Heat use placeholder sound effects. Heat was known as "Crimewatch" during this stage of development.
- There are certain areas outside of what is supposed to be playable in Little Italy that appear to be very unfinished.
- Contains earlier renditions of the games soundtrack.
- Two music tracks go unused in this build.