The Simpsons Skateboarding (May 10, 2002 prototype)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|The Simpsons Skateboarding (May 10, 2002 prototype)|
|Download The Simpsons Skateboarding (May 10, 2002 prototype) (info)|
|Download The Simpsons Skateboarding (May 10, 2002 prototype) from external mirror|
A prototype of The Simpsons Skateboarding for the PlayStation 2.
The Cutting Room Floor research
- Build contains a watermark - "xa37dd45ffe10RS-0000014814-P2-00107cb3fa231144fe2e33ae4783feead2b8a73ff021fac326df0ef9753ab9cdf6573ddff0312fab0b0ff39779eaff312x".
- Another disc copy of the same exact prototype was found in the lot with watermark - "xa37dd45ffe10RS-0000014803-P2-00507cb3fa231144fe2e33ae4783feead2b8a73ff021fac326df0ef9753ab9cdf6573ddff0312fab0b0ff39779eaff312x".
- The game starts with an intro video consisting of some early footage.
- This will repeat until the video is skipped.
- The title screen has quite a different appearance and makes it very clear that the game is an E3 demo.
- The loading screen shows the controls and once again reminds the player that it's an E3 demo.
- The words "E3 DEMO" are also always present on the right-hand side of the screen during play.
- The pause screen is identical to the loading screen, albeit with the "Resume" and "Quit" options. Despite this, only the "Resume" option can be selected.
- In the final game, the pause menu is instead presented by a menu on the left of the screen.
- After the title screen, the game goes straight into the first level. There is no character select, as Bart is selected by default, and there is no Skillz School.
- A rather unpleasant claxon sound plays every time Bart falls off his board.
- The arrow displayed at the top of the screen is a different shape to its final appearance.
- There's no tasks indicator in the top left of the screen.
- Only one level appears to be accessible under normal means.
- After rounding up the kids, you're told you've unlocked a new level (as you would in the final game) but you cannot go there because there is no option to travel in the pause menu.
- The kids are in different locations to the final game. After rounding them up, there's a wide shot of the playground, rather than a shot showing the characters playing in the aforementioned playground.
- Despite earning money in the tasks, this money cannot be used, as there is no stats menu in the pause menu.
- Unlocking a new board will also result in no change for the player due to being unable to access any menus to change it.
- Bart's model appears to have some unusual shading around his hair.
- Pressing the Select button three or four times in succession enables a free camera mode and displays the camera coordinates on-screen.
- Both analogue sticks can be used to move and look around.
- In this mode, pressing L2 drops the player at the camera location and disables the free cam.
- While moving, pressing and holding the R1 button changes the movement direction.
- Pressing R2 changes slows the camera movement.
- Miscellaneous Notes:
- Game is emulatable (in PCSX2): Yes (as of March 17, 2021).
- Game contains dongle protection: No.
|PS2 - The Simpsons Skateboarding For Preview 05-21-2002.img||File||2020-05-14 03:34:53||523.18 MB||83706b233da679e8b676ddea2e4ad65cd916ae09|
|PS2 - The Simpsons Skateboarding For Preview 05-21-2002.cue||File||2020-05-14 03:17:05||115 bytes||c407d1b1012b97f079550d4ec1c78626af54965a|
|PS2 - The Simpsons Skateboarding For Preview 05-21-2002.ccd||File||2020-05-14 03:17:05||773 bytes||89f1f8591382f5886bcdae37aff47a83cabef46f|
|PS2 - The Simpsons Skateboarding For Preview 05-21-2002.sub||File||2020-05-14 03:18:04||21.35 MB||667e08ff1520ad9cdfcc45f3984264144609c693|
|PS2 - The Simpsons Skateboarding For Preview 05-21-2002.jpeg||File||2021-03-14 11:13:25||1.21 MB||466f8641ac791617e97e975cb866ce3d80050b12|
A huge thanks to Hwd45 for doing the initial research on this prototype! And a huge thanks to the anonymous donor that allowed for this release to happen!