|ToeJam&Earl III: Mission to Earth (Jun 20, 2002 prototype)
||Jun 20, 2002 00:53:32
||Released, redump needed
|File release date
||September 18, 2021
||TJ&E III 6-19-02
||PLEXTOR DVDR PX-716UF 1.11 03/23/07 15:10 (PowerISO)
||ToeJam&Earl III: Mission to Earth
||JP Unreleased |
EU Oct 14, 2002
US Sep 30, 2002
||JP Unreleased |
EU Mar 7, 2003
US Oct 23, 2002
A prototype of ToeJam&Earl III: Mission to Earth for the Xbox.
- Compiled a little over three months before the final US build (the first retail build).
- Preview build.
- Lacks the trademark, Sega screen, and ToeJam Products screens.
- Different "title screen". The game's title in this build is "ToeJam&Earl III - All Funked Up".
- No Options mode on the main menu.
- The bar at the bottom of the main menu is different.
- Different character select design.
- Missing the first FMV after selecting the character.
- Slightly different HUD.
- Slower framerate in comparison to the final build.
- The "reminder" monitor isn't present in this build.
- Final hub area and final boss are not accessible through normal gameplay.
- Different map design.
- Different object layout in the stages.
- Different in stage textures.
- The pause menu layout is slightly different, most notably the black belts are at the right side instead of the bottom in this build.
- Cheat screen accessible in pause menu via pressing right on options screen.
- The small cutscene after getting a certain amount of keys doesn't play in this build.
- XBE information:
- Internal Name: ToeJam&Earl III
- Maker ID and Product Number: \x20\x00-2
- Executable Name: default.xbe
- Executable checksum (MD5): 66ba1a18d5e8fa1e19fb8ff8ac7ad48f
- Miscellaneous Notes:
- Game is emulatable: Yes (Xemu) (as of September 12, 2021).
- Game contains dongle protection: No.
| Xbox - TJ&E III 6-19-02.bin
|| 2020-08-11 04:40:04
|| 1.18 GB
| Xbox - TJ&E III 6-19-02.cue
|| 2020-08-11 04:40:05
|| 89 bytes
| Xbox - TJ&E III 6-19-02.jpeg
|| 2021-04-09 22:17:18
|| 1.34 MB
A huge thanks to ehw for doing the initial research on this prototype, and thanks to sebmal for further research! And a huge thanks to the anonymous donor that allowed for this release to happen!