Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 3: Night of the Quinkan (Jun 9, 2005 prototype)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 3: Night of the Quinkan (Jun 9, 2005 prototype)|
|Download Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 3: Night of the Quinkan (Jun 9, 2005 prototype) (info)|
|Download Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 3: Night of the Quinkan (Jun 9, 2005 prototype) from external mirror|
A prototype of Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 3: Night of the Quinkan for the PlayStation 2.
- A preview build dated a couple months before the final game.
- The game appears to be rather empty and incomplete overall, a number of levels being clearly unfinished.
- The game starts with a preview video, like one of the Ty 1 preview builds. This video is also present in the "Extras" menu, under "Recap Video".
- The main menu uses the same font that was used in menus in the first game, rather than the more basic Arial font used in the final. The same goes for the combo text used in the in-game HUD.
- The videos in the extras menu seem to crash the game, and the music in them does not work as intended. The "Attract Video" in this menu is the one that is normally used during the pre-title intro sequence.
- The credits sequence is styled completely differently and its contents are at least partially incomplete. Text scrolls from right to left rather than top to bottom, is much larger, uses a different font, and the sequence as a whole is very slow. The credits also refers to the game by an earlier name, Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 3: Battle for the Black Stump.
- Different colours are used on the loading screen.
- Cutscenes are especially incomplete.
- The first cutscene is bizarre - it shows a group of character models all standing around in a group, despite only a small handful of these models being used normally. The audio is a bit of a mess and the subtitles don't always match what is being said, with the first subtitle that appears being entirely unrelated to the cutscene.
- The second cutscene is also very basic and is missing a lot of models and camera cues. The characters move their mouths at the wrong time, so that they appear to be speaking the wrong characters' lines.
- A number of cutscenes have missing dialogue, and some of the first level's cutscenes even have missing characters, substituting them for other characters instead.
- The first level also has some incomplete object placement, with some characters seemingly floating in the air.
- Different platforming is required to reach the gauntlet, and here it's stuck in a tree instead of on top of a high platform inside of a cage.
- Levels generally have a number of quite significant structural changes.
- The pause menu is quite visually unfinished, as are all of its sub-menus.
- The "Exit" menu contains a level select and the option to enable or disable an on-screen position variable display.
- The level select option grants the player the ability to access several test levels - "Q1 Testing", "Q4 Testing" and "Q5 Testing".
- The first test level contains the tools for testing surfaces, enemies, bosses and platform heights, to name a few of its features.
- The second - Q4 - spawns the player too low, so they will immediately and continuously fall downwards. The level contains some sort of arena, without any apparent use.
- The third test level - Q5 - is a cross-shaped platform with a fire effect on one of the branches and a button in the middle which seems to give off "ZZZ" particles when hit, for some reason.
- There are a number of glitches and oversights.
- Certain sound effects may play over and over long beyond when they are supposed to have stopped - in particular, the game over sound will repeat every few seconds after dying and respawning.
- It is very easy to jump out of bounds in a wide variety of situations.
- Miscellaneous Notes:
- Game is emulatable (in PCSX2): Yes (as of March 17, 2021).
- Game contains dongle protection: No.
|PS2 - Ty the Tasmanian Tiger Night of the Quinkan For Print Peview.iso||File||2020-05-15 05:43:33||3.5 GB||1d21645c6f77e9c230ef7a9203751e4451b9e3f2|
|PS2 - Ty the Tasmanian Tiger Night of the Quinkan For Print Peview.dvd||File||2021-03-16 08:09:15||73 bytes||63390b1867fd8f171c4d96b2fdb94a709fcc27f0|
|PS2 - Ty the Tasmanian Tiger Night of the Quinkan For Print Peview.jpeg||File||2021-03-14 11:13:31||1.69 MB||fdf8d794c2f74baebfeee0e0245bf03e95dd42b5|
A huge thanks to Hwd45 for doing the initial research on this prototype! And a huge thanks to the anonymous donor that allowed for this release to happen!