From Hidden Palace
|Download UWC (Prototype) (info)|
A prototype of the unreleased UWC (also known as Universal Wrestling Corporation) for the NES.
- Developed by Thinking Rabbit and published by SETA in 1989.
- The game went unreleased for unknown reasons, but was possibly shelved in favor of Nichibutsu's "WCW World Championship Wrestling" (also known as "Super Star Pro Wrestling" in Japan) which was released in Japan on December 9th, 1989.
- Roughly 22% of the ROM contains inaccessible data according to FCEUX's code data logger.
- The game features three modes of play: "SINGLE MATCH", "TAG MATCH", and "ELIMINATION SERIES". The game also features three difficulty levels: "BEGINNER", "PROFFESSIONAL", and "MASTER". As you play the game from the lowest difficulty, the game will ramp up the difficulty level every four rounds.
- The game also features a two player mode.
- The goal of the game is to successfully pin your opponent down by lowering their HP as close to zero as possible.
- This game can be completed and features a staff credits screen.
- The majority of the staff that worked on this game also worked on the Japanese exclusive "Fighting Road" for the Famicom in 1988.