|Viewtiful Joe 2 (Apr 30, 2004 prototype)
||Apr 30, 2004 18:35:10
||Released, redump needed
|File release date
||March 20, 2021
||Viewtiful Joe 2 Preview E3 6-20
||Memorex MRX-650LE v6 AM61 (CloneCD)
||Viewtiful Joe 2
|| PlayStation 2
||JP Nov 9, 2004 |
EU Feb 7, 2005
US Nov 12, 2004
||JP Dec 16, 2004 |
EU Feb 7, 2005
US Dec 7, 2004
A prototype of Viewtiful Joe 2 for the PlayStation 2.
- An NTSC preview build dated over six months before the final.
- Appears to be a limited demo build.
- "Pre" is written on the title screen. The main menu presents a character select, rather than the usual main menu.
- The game moves straight into a controls screen and then gameplay, once leaving the title screen.
- Characters begin with the sliding kick and divekick moves
- No lives / Consumables indicator is seen
- Health gauge is at max capacity
- Tutorials are stylised as a slideshow instead of the regular ones
- Characters begin the stage with the Slow VFX
- Sylvia can get Mach Speed on stage 1, it is mapped on the R1 button, where her REC VFX would be in the final build
- Sylvia can only get the Fire Shield by doing kicks in mach speed, her regular shots don't work (Identically to how her REC VFX works)
- Sylvia generates her own doppelganger graphics when kicking at mach speed (Like Joe does in regular gameplay)
- Sylvia's shots have a generic blue/yellow effect, instead of the rotating pink heart in the final game
- When Sylvia gets de-transformed, she uses regular punching and kicking. She uses a toy gun in the final game.
- There are no SHOOT ME targets
- Joe can get the REC VFX on the second stage, it is mapped on the Circle button (where the zoom VFX is would be in the final build)
- REC VFX doesn't give you electricity buff
- Getting close to shielded enemies with Sylvia's gun goes through their hitbox
- There is no tag team mechanic
- Stage 1-1 and 1-2 are a single stage now, without any loading between them
- The demo ends with the tank battle on Stage 1-3, exploding like a final boss would
- Final 2VeContinued message after the demo (Yeah, typos included)
- Miscellaneous Notes:
- Game is emulatable (in PCSX2): Yes (as of March 17, 2021).
- Game contains dongle protection: No.
| PS2 - Viewtiful Joe 2 Preview E3 6-20.iso
|| 2020-05-21 04:53:54
|| 1.15 GB
| PS2 - Viewtiful Joe 2 Preview E3 6-20.dvd
|| 2020-05-21 04:26:40
|| 43 bytes
| PS2 - Viewtiful Joe 2 Preview E3 6-20.jpeg
|| 2021-03-14 11:13:35
|| 1.15 MB
A huge thanks to Hwd45 for doing the initial research on this prototype! And a huge thanks to the anonymous donor that allowed for this release to happen!