XGIII: Extreme G Racing (Jun 29, 2001 prototype)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|XGIII: Extreme G Racing (Jun 29, 2001 prototype)|
|Download XGIII: Extreme G Racing (Jun 29, 2001 prototype) (info)|
|Download XGIII: Extreme G Racing (Jun 29, 2001 prototype) from external mirror|
A prototype of XGIII: Extreme G Racing for the PlayStation 2.
- Slightly later prototype.
- The poses of the characters on the title screen look a bit different. It also seems to only ever take an orange background colour, as opposed to the multiple colours the title screen takes in the final.
- Several of the tracks seem to be unfinished.
- Track icons look a lot more basic - they all use the same track image and overlay the image with a red number rather than the track name and length in white text.
- The loading screens are a lot more basic, simply saying "Now Loading..." rather than displaying an image of the track.
- At the end of a race, there is no "Race Over" text.
- There appears to be a number of glitches, especially in menus:
- All music will occasionally abruptly stop.
- There are several menus where text items overlay eachother in awkward and likely unintentional ways.
- Oddly, you are able to select time trial options which are unlocked but are too expensive to purchase. Attempting to purchase them does nothing, and does not even warn the player of the fact that they are too expensive.
- Miscellaneous Notes:
- Game is emulatable (in PCSX2): Yes (as of March 17, 2021).
- Game contains dongle protection: No.
|PS2 - Extreme-G 3 7-2-01.bin||File||2020-05-26 21:26:33||444.33 MB||5c2e3830947ae0ae7e063f8674955d023015248f|
|PS2 - Extreme-G 3 7-2-01.cue||File||2020-05-26 21:16:15||82 bytes||b4c68295e062df586fb9f1a817f28a0fe3e66ef0|
|PS2 - Extreme-G 3 7-2-01.jpeg||File||2021-03-14 11:11:13||1.58 MB||aa005715a56c75b081891652c322028e534c8e20|
A huge thanks to Hwd45 for doing the initial research on this prototype! And a huge thanks to the anonymous donor that allowed for this release to happen!