NASCAR Racing 5 (Dec 10, 2003 prototype)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|NASCAR Racing 5 (Dec 10, 2003 prototype)|
|Download NASCAR Racing 5 (Dec 10, 2003 prototype) (info)|
|Error: The download file provided does not exist, please upload it or fix the file name if it's incorrect.|
An early prototype of the unreleased NASCAR Racing 5 for the Microsoft Xbox.
- Found on a Xbox Debug Kit that was used by Papyrus Design Group shortly before it closed down.
- Requires either a debug kit or a modded xbox with 128MB of RAM and a bios that supports the extra memory in order to get in-game.
- Racex.xbe works fine with the files while gplx.xbe is a debugging executable that does not work properly.
- While both executables were compiled in late 2003, most of the game files are actually from late 2001-mid 2002.
- Appears to be built off of NASCAR Racing 4 and Grand Prix Legends.
- This build appears to have been made early in the porting process, as there is a cursor that can be controlled by the thumbsticks.
- There are seven playable tracks: Kyalami, Monaco, Monza, Mosport, Nürburgring, Spa-Francorchamps, and Zandvoort.
- The tracks themselves seem to be very stripped down and basic, which makes sense considering that this is likely a tech demo.
- Collision detection appears to be unstable. The build may crash if the car collides with certain barriers.
Original thread on ObscureGamers.com.