Chicken Run (Jun 21, 2000 prototype)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Chicken Run (Jun 21, 2000 prototype)|
|Download Chicken Run (Jun 21, 2000 prototype) (info)|
|Download Chicken Run (Jun 21, 2000 prototype) from external mirror|
A prototype of Chicken Run for the PlayStation.
- Instead of the Blitz Games logo on startup, there's a language select.
- It then reads the memory card after that (this is done before the title screen in the final).
- It then goes to the title screen, which is very different from final.
- No audio in the title screen or any menus.
- Options menu not seen in the final. But this basically takes the player to the same section that New Game does in the final, so it's redundant.
- The New Game option just goes directly into the campaign, starting with the cut scene.
- There's actually an option in the secondary menu area to "Exit" (same selection as "Begin The Game" in the final), which takes the player into gameplay, outside the starting house area. Returning into the house goes back to this secondary menu.
- However, there's a separate option called "Start Game" that opens a storage capsule, not seen in the final.
- This is a bit of a level select, allowing to start from the beginning or the first boss battle.
- The starting cut scene has a frame counter. There is also no voice over yet.
- No music in-game.
- Player character sound/voice effects are different, so are the default controls.
- Bottom-right corner map during gameplay is also different.
- Quitting the game can cause it to glitch out, entering a position/coordinate scrolling mode.
- Miscellaneous Notes:
- Game is emulatable: Yes (as of April 17, 2021).
- Game contains dongle protection: No.
- Game contains debugging symbols: N/A
- Dump was originally scrambled: No
|PSX - Chicken Run Alpha Playable.img||File||2020-12-12 11:46:16||313.94 MB||c8e903483817f5756f015907d68781ba3148befa|
|PSX - Chicken Run Alpha Playable.cue||File||2020-12-12 11:35:58||96 bytes||b8566b42013ce74b18f18cc793948a5cd15ded80|
|PSX - Chicken Run Alpha Playable.ccd||File||2020-12-12 11:35:58||772 bytes||9dbb3decad6871f5857c87b9ef2c9e0bb928de07|
|PSX - Chicken Run Alpha Playable.sub||File||2020-12-12 11:46:49||12.81 MB||57223501b395467f8353f0b9a74654c77750e9f0|
|PSX - Chicken Run Alpha Playable.jpeg||File||2021-03-14 12:13:59||747.9 KB||ac894b850326e9a1769343d97629fcb2237d689d|
A huge thanks to Iniche for doing the initial research on this prototype!