Crash Bandicoot: Warped (Oct 9, 1998 prototype)
|Crash Bandicoot: Warped (Oct 9, 1998 prototype)|
|Download Crash Bandicoot: Warped (Oct 9, 1998 prototype) (info)|
A prototype of Crash Bandicoot: Warped for the PlayStation.
A very close to final build with a very narrow range of differences.
- The file dates match the final game, though this is likely due to the games having inaccurate file dates more than anything. If the primary volume creation date is taken literally, this build is one second behind the final. It is speculated that this may be a first release candidate which was rejected in favour of the slightly further updated build used in the retail version.
- Only the files corresponding to the title screen, the warp room, and Ski Crazed differ from the final game.
- The "NEO-COR SYSTEMS" sign in the secret warp room reads "NEODYNE SYSTEMS" instead.
- Dump verified using DIC.
- Miscellaneous Notes:
- Game is emulatable: Yes (as of April 30, 2021).
- Game utilizes a dongle: No
A huge thank you to the whole Crash Landing team, and especially GDias for the help in researching the differences in this build!