|Earthworm Jim (Aug 4, 1994 GameMaster prototype)
||Aug 4, 1994
||EWJ GM # 04/08/94.
||Anonymous (2000-2018), Radar (2018-present)
||JP Mar 24, 1995|
EU Aug 29, 1994
US Aug 23, 1994
||JP Jun 23, 1995|
EU Jan 26, 1995
US Oct 1994
A prototype of Earthworm Jim for the SNES.
- This prototype was featured on Season 4 Episode 1 of the show GamesMaster, a British television show that was dedicated to computer and video games.
- The game boots immediately to a level select with no other information available.
- This prototype was originally released by the ACCUMULATORS on September 4th 1994 (ACC-EWJ.LZH), but the exact build date and whether or not the dump itself was unmodified was unknown until now. A cart with the same exact build not only confirms that the ROM was never modified, but it is infact a prototype of the SNES release since the build date predates the earliest final build date by a few weeks. However, since the SNES version was completed after the Sega Mega Drive version, most of the changes in the prototype are aesthetic, the base game is the same as the final Sega Mega Drive release.
- There is no copyright screen before the title screen.
- There are game demos after the title screen.
- The title card for "Andy Asteroids?" is "Get Ready" in this prototype.
Who Turned Off the Lights?