|Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly (Aug 18, 2003 prototype)
||Aug 18, 2003 20:09:56
||2003.8.19 ver 0.25
||Released, redump needed
|File release date
||March 20, 2021
||Fatal Frame 2 2003.8.19 ver 0.25
||Memorex MRX-650LE v6 AM61 (PowerISO)
||Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly
|| PlayStation 2
||JP Oct 27, 2003 |
EU Mar 13, 2004
US Nov 3, 2003
||JP Nov 27, 2003 |
EU Mar 13, 2004
US Dec 10, 2003
A prototype of Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly for the PlayStation 2.
- An NTSC build dated two and a half months before the final NTSC-J and NTSC-U builds.
- The game is in English with Japanese audio dialogue.
- Miscellaneous Notes:
- Game is emulatable (in PCSX2): Yes (as of March 17, 2021).
- Game contains dongle protection: No.
Text saying Memo Menu is not available in this version.
Memo Menu works but only display one memo.
The Spirit Radio is not available in this version.
Cut scenes have Japanese audio with English subtitles, but most text and gamplay audio is not translated.
A basic Chapter Select menu.
A code word is displayed at the end of chapter 5.
A text box with the message "Debug Message 000" can be seen throughout chapters 5 and onward.
Type Zero Film (Unusable)
- When searching for Chitose Tachibana, her Tatami Room hiding spot is in the Regular Tatami Room, as opposed to the Deluxe Tatami Room where she hid in the final game.
- Kurosawa House: "Family Altar Room" is missing its distinctive red lanterns.
- Kiryu House: "Doll Room" has broken bars across some of the display shelves, which are absent from the final game.
- Tachibana House: Sealed Doors are sealed by Evil Arm, which was changed to distorted faces in the final game.
| PS2 - Fatal Frame 2 2003.8.19 ver 0.25.bin
|| 2020-06-10 14:33:10
|| 3.1 GB
| PS2 - Fatal Frame 2 2003.8.19 ver 0.25.cue
|| 2020-06-10 13:25:09
|| 104 bytes
| PS2 - Fatal Frame 2 2003.8.19 ver 0.25.jpeg
|| 2020-06-13 12:07:08
|| 1.35 MB
A huge thanks to Hwd45 for doing the initial research on this prototype! And a huge thanks to the anonymous donor that allowed for this release to happen!