Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Sep 14, 1992 prototype)
|Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Sep 14, 1992 prototype)|
|Download Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Sep 14, 1992 prototype) (info, raw dump)|
A prototype of Sonic the Hedgehog 2 for the Sega Mega Drive.
- The title screen is different in comparison to the final. This is currently the first available build that contains a selectable 1P/2P mode on the title screen.
- Cheat Codes:
- Level Select - A + Start.
- "Night Mode" - C + Start.
- Two-Player Mode - on the level select, press B + Start.
- Debug Mode - on the title screen, press C, C, Up, Down, Down, Down, Down, Up. Then hold A while selecting a level from the level select.
- None of the unused zone IDs contain any data aside from an associated music ID.
- Hidden Palace Zone is still listed on the level select, but has been cut and cannot be accessed.
- An earlier title card is present. The title card in its current form can often display erroneous tiles if the name of the level is too big (for example, Neo Green Hill Zone displays some tiles for the bubble graphics).
- The Spiny badnik is blue instead of red in this build.
- The bottom/underwater segments of Aquatic Ruin Zone have been implemented and are a little different in comparison to the final build.
- The ring/object layout of Casino Night Zone is noticeably different in comparison to the final.
- While not present on the stage itself, the Crawl badnik is present in the object list and uses the early design. However, the badnik itself is impossible to destroy even as Super Sonic.
- All levels can be played, but Sky Chase, Wing Fortress, and Death Egg cannot be beaten.
- The level transition from Sky Chase to Wing Fortress hasn’t been implemented yet.
- The Wing Fortress boss has not been implemented yet, instead two turrets are in its place.
- Wing Fortress lacks the Clucker badniks even though the stage is set up for them and that they are present in the stage’s object list.
- The Tornado is only shot at once in this build.
- Wing Fortress contains significant object layout differences in comparison to the final build, such as the end segment.
- The level transition from Wing Fortress to Death Egg hasn’t been completely implemented yet.
- Metal Sonic repeats his moves twice in comparison to the later builds.
- The final boss is incomplete. You cannot land a hit on the final boss regardless of invincibility or rings. The boss moves much faster. After a while, the boss will get stuck in a pose and will remain that way until the timer runs out.
- The special stage has been implemented but is very incomplete. The ring counter uses three digits rather than two, there is a traffic light that illuminates before the special stage begins. The timer resets when it reaches zero. Sonic's jump sprite as well as the rings are using different sprites. The special stage lacks sound effects. The special stage loops infinitely until the game is reset.
- The end credits medley has been implemented but sounds slightly different in some parts.
File Archive Contents
|Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Sep 14, 1992 prototype).md||File||2019-09-07 03:56:15||1 MB||24d6451a1ac72837cc2d88b93138677b5d043ae6|
00000100 00000110 00000120 00000130 00000140 00000150 00000160 00000170 00000180 00000190 000001a0 000001b0 000001c0 000001d0 000001e0 000001f0