Sonic the Hedgehog Pocket Adventure (Oct 22, 1999 prototype)
From Hidden Palace
|Sonic the Hedgehog Pocket Adventure (Oct 22, 1999 prototype)|
|Download Sonic the Hedgehog Pocket Adventure (Oct 22, 1999 prototype) (info)|
A prototype of Sonic the Hedgehog Pocket Adventure for the SNK Neo Geo Pocket Color.
- Pressing start at the Sega screen brings up a debug menu.
- Contains two test maps for the action stages, and two test levels for the special stages.
- The debug menu contains different level names for various zones, but the zones themselves have the final names in their title cards.
- Some aspects of levels have collision problems (i.e the springs in Casino, and the rotating platforms in King Relics).
- The boss in Death Egg Act 2 doesn't spawn a capsule upon defeat.
- Some sound effects are missing from the prototype.
00000000 00000010 00000020 00000030
- The label on the cartridge reads:
- ロックマン (Rockman)
- Ver. 10/22
- セガ承認用 (for Sega's approval)
- 10D7 (checksum)
- The label seems to indicate the the label was used on a cart that might have contained a Rockman (ロックマン) game at one point.
- The ROM was obtained using the Tengu Neo Geo Pocket Dumper. Because there were quite a lot of errors in the process, the cartridge was dumped 16 times. 9 of the dumps were identical to the released ROM, 7 others had errors. The errors were in different places of the ROM, so it was possible to rule them out.
- Thanks to Jelq God, Jen, JTE, Peter Küffner and SoNick for helping with the release.