SpyHunter (May 15, 2001 prototype)
|SpyHunter (May 15, 2001 prototype)|
|Download SpyHunter (May 15, 2001 prototype) (info)|
|Download SpyHunter (May 15, 2001 prototype) from external mirror|
A prototype of SpyHunter for the PlayStation 2.
Build for E3 2001.
- Contains 3 dummy files instead of just a single one compared to the final version. JUNK.JNK and JUNK2.JNK are leftover files from a January 16, 2001 build, while JUNK3.JNK is a leftover copy of MENU.PCK from a February 13, 2001 build.
- Another title screen.
- Another saving screen.
- Titles "Agent" and "Objectives" has yellow color instead of blue in the final build.
- Unlocked 1st, 2nd, 4th and 6th levels. In the final build only 1st level. All available levels have a timer set for 9 minutes, but in the final build levels has different timers.
- In this build 12th level named "White Rabbit" instead of "Locked Keys" in the final build.
- Level loading screen looks different.
- Weapon van/boat uses green marker instead of blue.
- Menu at end of level looks different.
- Game is emulatable (in PCSX2): Yes (as of March 17, 2021).
- Game contains dongle protection: No.
- Cinematics almost looks identical to them in final build, except that some parts of videos don't have finalized render.
- INTRO.PSS, MBACK.IPU, SPY_KW2, and SPY_PA1 are the same as in the final build. SPY_GE1.PSS also looks identical, but in E3 build video weighs more.
- MLOGO.PSS uses another logo.
- PEILOGO.PSS has the same video, but lacks of sound.
- SPY_ENG.PSS has small part without finalized render, but it shows same scene.
- SPY_FR1.PSS has the same audio, but video doesn't have finalized render parts at all.
- SPY_FR2.PSS has only first few seconds of partially finalized render, another footage just "raw" animatic, and lacks sound at all.
- SPY_GE2.PSS has shows same scene as in the final build, but contains another car transformation animation (transformation goes faster) and lacks of water splash effect. In the scene of transformation for unknown reason used model of first "white" version of car, when beginning and end of video contains second "black" version of car.
- SPY_KW1.PSS looks the same as in the final build, but has in the middle quieter sound of car engine.
- SPY_ME2.PSS has another camera angle in beginning, another gadget with timer, but other video shows the same scene as in the final release , except almost entirely consists of "raw" animatic.
- SPY_VE1.PSS hasn't water effects, uses second version of car instead of first, at end uses a closer camera angle.
- SPY_PA2.PSS, SPY_VE2.PSS, SPY_PG1.PSS and SPY_PG2.PSS have some flickering frames.
- SPY_PA2.PSS also shows car with opened weapons.
- SPY_PG1.PSS uses another car engine sound,
- SPY_PG~1.ORI is an earlier version of SPY_PG2.PSS with unfinished animation, car rides on another side of road, also has some flickering frames. This file doesn't present in the final build.
- This build lacks of some videos from the final build: ANIMATIC.PSS, CONCEPT.PSS, MAKING.PSS (all about development process), MID_LV1.PSS (shows after SPY_PG1.PSS), SAL_SH.PSS, SAL.YD.PSS (music clips from Saliva), SPY_CRE.PSS (credits), SPY_DEMO.PSS (plays when idle in main menu), SPY_ME1.PSS (plays when main objective of last mission doesn't complete), SPY_ME2B.PSS (same as SPY_ME2.PSS, but uses bike version of car).
- Some cinematics in this build looks a little noisy. CInematics from the final build don't have this problem, seems they were rendered again.
- A lot of cinematics can't be played through game - instead of them just played intro. Build has bug with playing cinematic - when trying to open any video a second time game just crashes.
- In movie player each level also has intro cinematic.
Music and changes,
- Soundtrack lacks of some tracks. "Spy Hunter Theme" in this build is "Spy Hunter Theme 2" in the final build. Also don't present some tracks (including two versions of Saliva's cover of main theme).
|PS2 - Spy Hunter E3 2001.bin||File||2020-11-09 15:45:48||611.55 MB||c5513f6ecc4ff8d1486d02cc5dd3c8e985dfa64d|
|PS2 - Spy Hunter E3 2001.cue||File||2020-11-09 15:45:49||90 bytes||171eeb1264f2e4cbdc698ab9ba5f99a001deb279|
|PS2 - Spy Hunter E3 2001.jpeg||File||2021-03-14 11:43:49||897.8 KB||1567dc316ff7ab95bea43fc120b021537c69eef5|
A huge thanks to Nex for doing the initial research on this prototype! And a huge thanks to the anonymous donor that allowed for this release to happen!