Tony Hawk's Underground (Aug 15, 2003 prototype)
|Tony Hawk's Underground (Aug 15, 2003 prototype)|
A preview of Tony Hawk's Underground for the Sony PlayStation 2, dated 48 days before the final build.
- Has a second executable file on disc, dated July 30, 2003.
- Only the first three levels are selectable. Through hacking, the demo mode flag can be turned off and the full game unlocked. However, every level besides the first three and the test level crash the game upon loading, albeit the existence of the level files on the disc.
- In the Story Mode you can only progress until Chapter 10. After beating the Tampa AM goal, the words "DEMO BUILD" flash on the screen a few times and you are unable to continue the story.
- There are a few levels in the game files, that were removed from the final game. Notably, a level called "Wild Wild West" which is assumed to be a test level for Neversoft's later title Gun (2005) and an early scrapped level called "Australia"
- Several of the game's hidden characters have not yet been implemented and instead show an unclothed, bald version of the standard CAS model.
- Each skater in the character select screen starts off in a T-pose.
- A lot of voice clips are missing and sometimes the player would switch male and female voices.
- Some of the songs in this build appear in their uncensored form.
- A track called "Can You Find" by Freestyle Fellowship is included, that did not make it to the final game.
This build uses the same cheat code inputs as Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 (2002). The sound of a cash register, which would be replaced for the final version, confirms a successful entry.
|Perfect rail balance||ssbsts|
|Perfect manual balance||mullenpower|
|Perfect skitch balance||hookybob|
|Unlock hidden skaters||homielist|
¹ Since Daisy has been removed from this game, the cheat code does not unlock her character.
Special thanks to hwd45 for donating toward this release.