Tony Hawk's Underground 2 (Jul 13, 2004 prototype)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Tony Hawk's Underground 2 (Jul 13, 2004 prototype)|
|Download Tony Hawk's Underground 2 (Jul 13, 2004 prototype) (info)|
|Error: The download file provided does not exist, please upload it or fix the file name if it's incorrect.|
|Download Tony Hawk's Underground 2 (Jul 13, 2004 prototype) from external mirror|
A media build of Tony Hawk's Underground 2 for the PlayStation 2, dated roughly a month and a half before the final version.
- Copyright information is missing from the legal screen.
- The build jumps straight into the main menu. There are no intro FMVs.
- This game is locked behind a demo mode. Notably Free Skate, as well as the Park, Goal and Trick editors are inaccessible.
- To unlock all functionalities, open the image file in a hex editor and replace both "EAC1C762" (demo_build) and "0E741C5F" (UsePreFilesForLevelLoading) by dummying them out with "00000000".
- Alternatively, swap values "C4CBFFEB" with "899AEA38" to simply change the Your Options menu to the Debug Options menu in-game.
- Career mode uses placeholder loading screens, although the game contains textures for loading screens.
- The only playable levels are Boston and Barcelona.
- Therefore the entire training sequence in the Warehouse is skipped.
- Also the game refuses to acknowledge you earning enough goal points in Barcelona to take you to the next level.
- The disc only contains the full level files for Training, Boston, Barcelona, and Triangle, which can all be unlocked with the method described above. Loading other levels crashes the game because of missing geometry files.
- The goal completion sound is the same as used in the previous Underground title.
- A few animations are unfinished.
- Many of the mission text dialogue is very different from the final game, most notably in Training in Story Mode, accessible once unlocked from the debug menu.
- Some song titles are misspelled in the game's track list.
- The music appears in it's uncensored and unedited form, along with some alternate versions of songs that made it into the final build.
- Notably a slightly earlier mix of Cut Chemist's "Drums of Fire".
- Also, "No W" by Ministry uses a different intro, which samples Carl Orff's "O Fortuna". This version is used in the music video for this song.
- A tutorial exists for graffiti that appears at any SPATZ spot in Boston.
- Bam has an alternate line in the final Boston cutscene.
- Miscellaneous Notes:
- Game is emulatable (in PCSX2): Yes. However, it should be noted that on some machines, the game won't load all textures, glitch out and will ultimately crash during gameplay. (as of March 21, 2021)
- Game contains dongle protection: No.
This build uses the same cheat code inputs as Tony Hawk's Underground (2003). The codes are to be entered in the options menu, provided the game is unlocked from it's demo mode.
|Perfect rail balance||letitslide|
|Perfect manual balance||keepitsteady|
|Perfect skitch balance||rearrider|
|Unlock all movies¹||digivid|
¹ While this code enables access to the movies in the options menu, none can be played since they're all excluded from this build.
|PS2 - THUG 2 for Print Use Only!.iso||File||2020-05-14 21:10:13||1.83 GB||2bfeb59abc83090a71ad3fa47bbd10e0f5badb51|
|PS2 - THUG 2 for Print Use Only!.dvd||File||2020-05-14 20:18:12||38 bytes||9a1a7c64e3c1a3fdd94db35e086ea1f878129a57|
|PS2 - THUG 2 for Print Use Only!.jpeg||File||2021-03-14 11:13:26||1.02 MB||96aa9b0e35b6284f47cce47f7d31245266b94a3d|
A huge thanks to Drac for doing the initial research on this prototype! And a huge thanks to the anonymous donor that allowed for this release to happen!
- Project Deluge: PlayStation 2 (Initial Announcement Article) (March 20, 2021)
- Cutting Room Floor (TCRF)
- Internet Archive (IA)