Twisted Metal: Harbor City (Sep 12, 2003 prototype)
(Redirected from Twisted Metal: Harbor City (Prototype))Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Twisted Metal: Harbor City (Sep 12, 2003 prototype)|
|Download Twisted Metal: Harbor City (Sep 12, 2003 prototype) (info)|
An extremely early prototype of the unreleased Twisted Metal: Harbor City for the PlayStation 2.
- The build date is unknown. A possible build date is September 12, 2003 given by some parts of the .elf file. The versions of the game libraries (IOPR270.IMG, etc.) are also consistent with a build date in 2003.
- According to an anonymous source, it began as Twisted Metal Black 2 on the PS2, and a much later version was released as a bonus within Twisted Metal: Head On for the Sony PSP.
- The loose files were copied directly from the hard drive of a PS2 development system.
- A rebuilt ISO is included with this release. It is based on the loose files, and is improved from the two rebuilt ISOs which were originally part of this release.
- The improved rebuilt ISO (Twisted_Metal-Harbor_City-Prototype-Rebuilt-63-Patched.iso) will boot in PCSX2, a PS3 DEX, or a PS2 Test.
- The prototype behaves the same way in all three: the menus are functional, but attempting to start the game in MOST ways will cause the prototype to lock up. However, by using the "Dev Console" to select split-screen mode, most of the maps built into the prototype can be explored: Docks, Ghetto, Goth, Railyard, and SCenter. Selecting the Airport map will cause the game to lock up.
- The menus in this prototype are somewhat confusing in that instead of a list of values, a given option will only show the current value, and must be cycled using left and right on the D-pad.
Thank you to the anonymous donor of this extremely rare artifact of gaming history!