Broken Helix (Jan 13, 1997 prototype)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Broken Helix (Jan 13, 1997 prototype)|
|Download Broken Helix (Jan 13, 1997 prototype) (info)|
|Download Broken Helix (Jan 13, 1997 prototype) from external mirror|
A prototype of Broken Helix for the PlayStation.
- Noticeably smaller game size compared to retail
- Konami logo can be skipped
- Weird start to the opening cut scene where a line at the bottom of the screen shrinks down before the scene actually commences
- No main menu. From the title screen, it goes straight to the campaign, starting with prologue cut scene
- Skipping the opening sequence does not skip the title screen
- Different, simpler loading screen
- Camera is zoomed in near Jake's head
- First mission progresses somewhat differently
- No on-screen prompts
- Miscellaneous Notes:
- Game is emulatable: Yes (as of April 17, 2021).
- Game contains dongle protection: No.
- Game contains debugging symbols: N/A
- Dump was originally scrambled: No
|PSX - Broken Helix 1-13-97.img||File||2020-12-12 09:02:29||543.92 MB||1743d651e2e682782655948dfe694070a38b30d2|
|PSX - Broken Helix 1-13-97.cue||File||2020-12-12 08:45:26||90 bytes||c6ccd172ba7ff1b4fac8a6daae5f51a489ab51d6|
|PSX - Broken Helix 1-13-97.ccd||File||2020-12-12 08:45:26||773 bytes||2287ca5ec8c1a89cf2d6096b031e36783839845f|
|PSX - Broken Helix 1-13-97.sub||File||2020-12-12 09:03:26||22.2 MB||f2082f7f4d7c38ce70fba87291979f963f67efc8|
|PSX - Broken Helix 1-13-97.jpeg||File||2021-03-14 12:13:55||832.2 KB||c8d2770ce69ab6f96d48c535af0991e77fd40eb4|
A huge thanks to Iniche for doing the initial research on this prototype!