Broken Helix (Oct 7, 1996 prototype)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Broken Helix (Oct 7, 1996 prototype)|
|Download Broken Helix (Oct 7, 1996 prototype) (info)|
|Download Broken Helix (Oct 7, 1996 prototype) from external mirror|
A prototype of Broken Helix for the PlayStation.
- Prototype size is considerably smaller than retail, possibly a preview
- Weird start to the opening cut scene where a line at the bottom of the screen shrinks down before the scene actually commences
- This cut scene can't be skipped
- No main menu, loading screens, etc. From the title screen, it goes straight to the campaign, starting with prologue cut scene
- The player starts in a different part of the room, with the mission progressing somewhat differently
- Slightly different HUD
- Camera is zoomed in near Jake's head
- No on-screen prompts
- Jake randomly repeats "Ok, bye bye" after a death grunt is heard
- Miscellaneous Notes:
- Game is emulatable: Yes (as of April 17, 2021).
- Game contains dongle protection: No.
- Game contains debugging symbols: N/A
- Dump was originally scrambled: No
|PSX - Broken Helix 10-7-96.img||File||2020-12-12 09:41:47||244.11 MB||1b4a261940077b53bbb5e5470058b6828bf06865|
|PSX - Broken Helix 10-7-96.cue||File||2020-12-12 09:36:27||129 bytes||f0adcf7ec3af85744fd727c948add722744a4c1e|
|PSX - Broken Helix 10-7-96.ccd||File||2020-12-12 09:36:27||961 bytes||8dee21769fc9cdf8b7a00baebdb7151b4117c2f8|
|PSX - Broken Helix 10-7-96.sub||File||2020-12-12 09:42:21||9.96 MB||32c50a3de4e1f8c0345ccb9e0c440fad642c7a87|
|PSX - Broken Helix 10-7-96.jpeg||File||2021-03-14 12:13:55||808 KB||75a361fe5dbfbe367cc74bf7941bb0c6f972ebe5|
A huge thanks to Iniche for doing the initial research on this prototype!