Crash Bandicoot: Warped (Jul 29, 1998 demo)
|Crash Bandicoot: Warped (Jul 29, 1998 demo)|
|Download Crash Bandicoot: Warped (Jul 29, 1998 demo) (info)|
This "Test Drive" demo was featured in Toys "R" Us stores, but there was almost no information about this rare disc until nowadays. This demo came from a very old beta build and it's currently the earliest Crash 3 demo.
- Aku Aku has a red nose.
- Stopwatches were originally iron stopwatch crates, having an outline box before collecting a crystal.
- Under Pressure music is slightly different. It has different mixing and glitches out at the beginning.
- The pufferfish are purple instead of red.
- Crystals and gems don't play the choir sound effect or have any particle effects, identically to its predecessor.
- Checkpoints crates also don't play the choir sound effect when opened, once again like Crash 2.
- The warp out sound is from Crash 2.
- The portal design for entering and exiting levels is different. featuring an older design for the Time Twister Warp Room.
- By using any memory viewer, it's possible to see all the strings of text used in the pause menu, including some different level names:
- Bone Yard and Dino Might! are switched.
- Makin' Waves is named Aye Matey.
- Road Crash is named Roadkill.
- Sphynxinator in named Sphynxter.
- Future Frenzy is named Fast Forward.
- Mad Bombers is the first level of the 5th Warp Room.
- Future Frenzy, Orange Asphalt, Flaming Passion, Bug Lite, Area 51?, Ski Crazed, Rings of Power, Hot Coco and Eggipus Rex are missing.
A huge thanks to psx-collector for providing the original disc scans containing this build.