Crash Nitro Kart (Oct 4, 2003 prototype)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Crash Nitro Kart (Oct 4, 2003 prototype)|
|Download Crash Nitro Kart (Oct 4, 2003 prototype) (info)|
|Download Crash Nitro Kart (Oct 4, 2003 prototype) from external mirror|
A prototype of Crash Nitro Kart for the PlayStation 2.
- A "Gold Master" build apparently post-dating the final NTSC-U build and predating the final PAL build. Despite this, the build is an NTSC build and does not contain alternate language options.
- According to the exes, this build post-dates final by about two weeks. However, going off primary volume creation dates, the Gold Master inexplicably has a date in early 2002, compared to the final's September 17th 2003.
- The disc header contains evidence of the disc being a gold master - a couple strings:
20030822PlayStation Master Disc 2.0 CDVDGEN 1.50
- A number of the files differ from the final build.
- The executables differ.
- "ASSETS.GFC" and "ASSETS.GOB" differ.
- "LEGITA.TGA" seems to be incorrectly spelt as "LEGITGA" in the final.
- A number of "ARENA" music files are only present in the final.
- A number of files in VIDEO/CUT and VIDEO/TRACKS differ between the two.
- Miscellaneous Notes:
- Game is emulatable (in PCSX2): Yes (as of March 17, 2021).
- Game contains dongle protection: No.
|PS2 - Crash Nitro Kart Gold Master.bin||File||2020-06-10 08:15:52||2.93 GB||1d84d4acb6da7d7d0d4143d3386872ea7997b078|
|PS2 - Crash Nitro Kart Gold Master.cue||File||2020-06-10 07:20:41||100 bytes||f7da01b25edfd9eb24cb53170c9dec21a020e00e|
|PS2 - Crash Nitro Kart Gold Master.jpeg||File||2020-06-13 11:58:54||2.08 MB||ab17a44b77963dc3762cf9e353a16c28e0f57f2a|
A huge thanks to Hwd45 for doing the initial research on this prototype! And a huge thanks to the anonymous donor that allowed for this release to happen!