Crash Team Racing (Sep 3, 1999 prototype)
(Redirected from Crash Team Racing (Review prototype))Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Crash Team Racing (Sep 3, 1999 prototype)|
|Download Crash Team Racing (Sep 3, 1999 prototype) (info)|
A prototype of Crash Team Racing for the Sony PlayStation.
The Cutting Room Floor research
- Clancy Brown doesn't announce the publisher and developer identities.
- The introductory cutscene starts right after the Naughty Dog box screen.
- There are no character grunts or sound effects.
- Crash has bigger pupils and his eyes have a darker tone in the main menu.
- The character selection menu uses a small font.
- Crash Bandicoot, Tiny Tiger, Coco Bandicoot, and Polar have different icons.
- The loading screens lack the "Loading..." text.
- The start lights have a different design.
- The lap counter is separated by a hyphen.
- A different sound is heard when you get a power-up or 10 Wumpa fruits.
- There are no stats for any character in the character selection garage.
- Cortex uses a different model.
- It's impossible to skip Aku Aku/Uka Uka's hints during Adventure Mode.
- Some Warp Vortex are surrounded by a checkered pattern.
- There are no subtitles during Ripper Roo cutscenes.
- Papu Papu's hair is untextured in the cutscenes.
- Gold and Platinum relics are 10 and 15 seconds less than Sapphire times, respectively.
- Nitros Oxide starts using bombs only after the second lap.
- The max percentage you can reach in Adventure mode is 100%.
- Characters animations are frozen in the credits.
- Penta Penguin and Fake Crash have epilogues.
- Cheat code inputs are different and easier to activate.
- A lot of sound effects are missing or different.
A huge thanks to psx-collector for providing the original disc scans containing this build.