|Doom Troopers: Mutant Chronicles (Prototype A)
|File release date
||February 17, 2019
||Anonymous (2000-2018), Radar (2018-present)
||Doom Troopers: Mutant Chronicles
||US Nov 1995|
A prototype of Doom Troopers for the SNES.
- There's no copyright information when booting the game up. The prototype just boots right to the Playmates logo.
- The Adrenalin Entertainment logo screen lacks a URL for the website.
- In the prototype, the main vilians name is Ilian. In the final, the name is Algeroth. This name can be seen in the opening epilogue.
- No trademade symbol on the title screen.
- There is no options selection in this prototype. Instead, the 2 Player mode is listed separately.
- The gameplay demos after the title screen play back differently in comparison to the final version.
- The character select screen is drastically different in the prototype. Mitch Hunter's portriat is drawn in the prototype, where the final uses a 3D prerender.
- Only Mitch Hunter can be selected in the character select screen, even in 2 Player mode.
- The prototype has a timer that advances to the next screen if you wait too long on the character select screen. In the final, you can sit indefinitely at the character select screen.
- While there is no known way to access the level select within the game, code for the level select menu still exists in the prototype. A seperate ROM has been created that activates this level select. Note, only the levels featured in the prototype can be accessed.
- The game goes right into a level in the prototype. In the final, there is a screen that describes the level before the game begins.
- The first level of the game is "Mars - 1" in the prototype. In the final game, the first level is "Venus - 1".
- The health meter doesn't have a percantage symbol in the prototype.
- There is no meter for the ammo on the lower left corner of the screen in the prototype. It's likely that ammo is infinite.
- After completing "Mercury - 2", the game skips "Mercury - 3" and goes right to "Venus - 1". It doesn't seem that "Mercury - 3" exists in this prototype yet.
- On the level select, only "Mars - 1", "Mercury - 1", "Mercury - 2", "Venus - 1", and "Pluto - 1" can be played. These levels can also be accessed by playing the prototype normally.
- There are no item crates in this prototype.
- The music used in "Mars - 1" is different in comparison to the final.
- There's no animated exhaust coming from the plants in the background in "Mars - 1" in the prototype.
- The music used in "Pluto - 1" is different in comparison to the final.
- The game goes back to the Playmates screen after completing "Pluto - 1".
PCB front (this prototype is the one with the red stickers).
Special thanks to Radar for this release!