|Doom Troopers: Mutant Chronicles (Prototype B)
|File release date
||February 17, 2019
||PROTI DOOM TROOP
||Anonymous (2000-2018), Radar (2018-present)
||Doom Troopers: Mutant Chronicles
||US Nov 1995|
A later prototype of Doom Troopers for the SNES.
- There's no copyright information when booting the game up. The prototype just boots right to the Playmates logo.
- The Adrenalin Entertainment logo screen lacks a URL for the website.
- In the prototype, the main vilians name is Ilian. In the final, the name is Algeroth. This name can be seen in the opening epilogue.
- No trademade symbol on the title screen.
- The gameplay demos after the title screen play back differently in comparison to the final version.
- The character select screen is drastically different in the prototype. Mitch Hunter's portriat is drawn in the prototype, where the final uses a 3D prerender.
- Only Mitch Hunter can be selected in the character select screen, even in 2 Player mode.
- The prototype has a timer that advances to the next screen if you wait too long on the character select screen. In the final, you can sit indefinitely at the character select screen.
- A level select is enabled by default after the character select screen.
- The game goes right into a level in the prototype. In the final, there is a screen that describes the level before the game begins.
- The first level of the game is "Mars - 1" in the prototype. In the final game, the first level is "Venus - 1".
- The health meter doesn't have a percantage symbol in the prototype.
- There is no meter for the ammo on the lower left corner of the screen in the prototype. It's likely that ammo is infinite.
- There are no item crates in this prototype.
- The music used in "Mars - 1" is different in comparison to the final.
- There's no animated exhaust coming from the plants in the background in "Mars - 1" in the prototype.
- "Mercury - 3" doesn't seem to be completeable as there's no boss. The boss that would be used for this map in the final game is actually used as the boss for "Pluto - 2".
- The boss that would be used in "Pluto - 2" in the final game appears as a normal enemy in "Venus - 1".
- The music used in "Pluto - 1" is different in comparison to the final.
- "Nero" uses a completely different background in the prototype. The stage uses a much brighter palette in comparison to the final. It also uses different music.
- There are no sound effects for the final boss.
- After beating the final boss, the game goes back to the Playmates screen. There are no staff credits in this version of the game yet.
PCB front (this prototype is the one with the white sticker).
Special thanks to Radar for this release!