Mortal Kombat Trilogy (Apr 1, 1996 prototype)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Mortal Kombat Trilogy (Apr 1, 1996 prototype)|
|Download Mortal Kombat Trilogy (Apr 1, 1996 prototype) (info)|
An early prototype of Mortal Kombat Trilogy for the Nintendo 64. It was titled Mortal Kombat Kronicles at this point in development.
The Cutting Room Floor research
- Many of the assets are unchanged from Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3.
- Most of the backgrounds are either missing or display glitchy graphics.
- Sound is either broken or also missing in this build.
- All of the Cyborg Ninjas use Sonya's sprites and attacks as placeholders. If you perform one of their special moves, the game will crash.
- Each one of the Choose Your Destiny towers ends with an endurance round rather than Shao Kahn.
- You can't do most Fatalities, Bababilties, Stage Fatalities and Animalities. In fact, the only one that works is the stage fatality from the Bell Tower stage.
It was inside the files of a archive containing MKT N64 source code (possibly from the same prototype shown here); and said archive was in another one that also contained the source code for both MK3 PSX and PC ports. This archive was released on 4chan by a anonymous user, which claimed that got these from the original developer; and while it was out of nowhere (which would look a bit suspicious), the contents in the archive (including MKT N64 source) were confirmed as legitimate and functional.