|Mortal Kombat Trilogy (May 13, 1996 prototype)
||May 13, 1996 02:56pm
||Included in leaked game source; possibly compiled from source
||Mortal Kombat Trilogy
|| Nintendo 64
||October 31, 1996
- Scorpion doesnt have his foward teleport punch from final version
- Unmasked and Masked Sub-Zero are both present and with their UMK3/CDMKT moveset each one, instead of the masked hybrid of both in the final N64 release
- Smoke has a different main palette
- Human Smoke has Scorpion's Clone Fatality and his UMK3 combination for Babality.
- Baraka's Spin move is performed by tapping Back + Block.
- Rain and Noob Saibot do not have Fatalities, Animalities and Friendships.
- Noob Saibot have different auto combos, similar to the Classic Sub-Zero's one.
- Exclusive MK Trilogy Special Moves are missing (Liu Kang's Red Bicycle Kick, Nightwolf's Red Shoulder, Sindel's Double Fireball, Sektor's Double Missile, etc)
- Crouch HK (Down + HK) are not fast like in the final versions.
- Liu Kang does not have damage protection activated after his popup combo.
- Kung Lao has no hit limit for his Spin move.
- Free play code and combinations to play as Motaro/Shao Kahn works.
- No Brutalities.
- You can't lose against fight with Noob Saibot from Shao Kahn's Lost Treasures.
- Title screen and options menu backgrounds are different
- Classic Sub-Zero and Human Smoke Bios are empty.
- Options/Attract music plays in Title Screen
- The intro text from final seems to be absent
- Main menu and continue screens are from Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
- The Portal seems to be merged with The Pit II; Hornbuckle and Blaze also might appear in the background
- Johnny Cage and Khameleon are absent
- Initial animation in CSS seems to be slightly different
- The prototype ROM is 16MB/128mbit while the final one is 12MB/96mbit
- There are much more animation frames present than the final version
- There are more male voices present from UMK3 in the prototype
- Rayden doesn't have his reverse lightning move
- Noob Saibot's disabler special doesnt cause any control effects yet; only makes opponent flash
- Kombat Tomb does not have Stage Fatality yet.
- Motaro and Shao Kahn do not have finishing moves.
- Probably there are more differences
It was inside the files of a archive containing MKT N64 source code (possibly from the same prototype shown here); and said archive was in another one that also contained the source code for both MK3 PSX and PC ports. This archive was released on 4chan by a anonymous user, which claimed that got these from the original developer; and while it was out of nowhere (which would look a bit suspicious), the contents in the archive (including MKT N64 source) were confirmed as legitimate and functional.