Pinocchio (Jul 26, 1995 prototype)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Pinocchio (Jul 26, 1995 prototype)|
|Download Pinocchio (Jul 26, 1995 prototype) (info)|
A prototype of Pinocchio for the SNES.
- This prototype is most likely meant for preview purposes.
- Build is in the ROM and can be seen in the debug menu.
- The music is slightly different. For instance the title music is slower and uses slightly different instruments. Most of the songs present in this version of the game use different instruments.
- There are no sound effects in this prototype, only music.
- The first screen that shows the copyright year is missing in the prototype.
- In the prototype, you can skip each company logo with start.
- The title music plays immediately when the game starts. This music is saved for when the title screen displays in the final version.
- The title screen that features the Pinocchio logo is missing in the prototype.
- While the main menu is present in this prototype, it cannot be interacted with yet.
- There are no game play demos, the game just sits at the title screen indefinitely in the prototype.
- When you press start at the title screen, you are directed to a debug menu. You can play any level in the game with invincibility and a debugger enabled. The game will reset back to the title screen if you idle too long. Unlike the earliest prototype, each level has its own storybook segment (however some of the art is missing).
- The Continue screen is different. You control a duck in this prototype, where in the final you control Pinocchio.
- An "Engineering Mode" can be activated by pressing Start+Select on the second controller while the game is paused.
Special thanks to Radar for this release!