Pokémon Gold & Silver (Spaceworld 1997 Demo)
|Pokémon Gold & Silver (Spaceworld 1997 Demo)|
Pokémon Gold & Silver were briefly demoed at Spaceworld 1997 and is notable for showing the game in an early state prior to a complete redesign. At this point in development, much of the world map outside of the cities is unfinished and the new 100 Pokémon are under development.
- Only Chikorita survived the axe. The other two Starter Pokémon were redesigned.
- Several dozen others were placed in different slots or redesigned entirely.
- No new tunes have been composed yet, so it re-uses those from Pokémon Red and Blue.
- Completely different title screen and SGB border.
- The origin of this dump was initially unknown at the time of release, but it was later known to have originated from the 2018 Nintendo data breach, devised by hacker Zammis Clark.
Thanks to Sanqui, GlitterBerri, Obskyr, Orchid (from HelixChamber), rufus10, IIMarckus, Pokeglitch, 2Tie, Catstorm (from HelixChamber), and countless others for documenting this prototype and helping with its release.