Sonic Heroes (NPDP Prototype 2)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Sonic Heroes (NPDP Prototype 2)|
|Download Sonic Heroes (NPDP Prototype 2) (info)|
The Cutting Room Floor research
- This appears to be a near final build.
- This build is more recent than the October 8, 2003 prototype but older than the November 18, 2003 prototype.
- Basic debug mode (L+R in-game) is still enabled.
- The text on the Blue Window doesn't have the drop shadow added.
- The main menu background (RW Maestro) often does not successfully render after returning from gameplay until switching to another menu.
- This build can crash on Seaside Hill (maybe other stages too?) due to an unknown memory issue. First symptom is usually the ADX Decoder (Music) looping.
- The story mode progression counter has been implemented but is broken. Displays -03 after completion of any map.
- Omochao somewhat works (unlike Oct 8, Prototype) but only has speech (no text), locks controls and disappears quickly.
- Super Hard Mode cannot be enabled without hacking. Layout data for Super Hard not present on ROM.
- Unlike Oct 8, Prototype, most menus can be navigated in any order (left-right-up-down) instead of just a fixed order.
- Egg Emperor has a more recent model; complete with the Eggman texture for the cockpit (Oct 8, Prototype just has a spinny circle); but is not quite the final (music still missing). His gameplay resembles the final build (unlike Oct 8, Prototype).
- Some early stages for Team Rose have been shortened down since the Oct 8, Prototype (e.g. Ocean Palace), while others remain longer (e.g. Power Plant).
- Characters in the selection screen have slightly different positioning.
- Rouge's eyelids (a separate model) are not rendered in the menu screens.
- The sound test and CG theater are still fully unlocked.
- The player starts off with 119 emblems.
Thanks to emu_kidid for the modified version of Swiss required to unlock and dump the cart.