Spyro the Dragon (Jul 19, 1998 prototype)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Spyro the Dragon (Jul 19, 1998 prototype)|
|Download Spyro the Dragon (Jul 19, 1998 prototype) (info)|
A prototype of Spyro the Dragon for the Sony PlayStation.
The Cutting Room Floor research
- This version of the game seems to have been given dongle protection to avoid it being used in standard consoles. A patched variant of the prototype has been provided alongside the original.
- The game starts with a placeholder "Temporary Boot Screen"
- There are no intro or ending cutscenes.
- Many dragons are still missing the cutscenes and audio dialogue they'd use in the final game
- A few of the dragon dialogue audio clips are missing their backing tracks
- A number of dragons use different textures and colouring schemes to their final appearance
- All dragons in the Beast Makers world are called "Silvus"
- Gnasty Gnorc's level and Gnasty's Loot are called "Gnasty Place" and "Gnasty Booty" respectively.
- Only a small number of music tracks are in this build, apparently unchanged since the June 15th prototype.
- Gem placement is still unfinished in some places
- A glitch in the Artisans world sometimes makes it impossible to complete, as the gem count sometimes totals to a value less than 100
- Specifically, a group of gems near Town Square's portal only count towards the gem total if Sparx picks them up, rather than Spyro
- There's one extra gem in Lofty Castle for some reason
- There's still a number of noticeable gaps between polygons in some of the level models at this point in development
|Spyro.ccd||File||2016-06-28 15:50:41||773 bytes||dff59d2e7b177d8b7079f48f1b09f5392247d8d5|
|Spyro.cue||File||2016-06-28 15:50:41||69 bytes||689e4e11dc9223abda52788d92548386d6d67ae2|
|Spyro.img||File||2016-06-28 15:50:44||526.25 MB||0c0145b1523c5e3a7436a7ae4e78ad13d112c277|
|Spyro.sub||File||2016-06-28 15:50:44||21.48 MB||9ac3ebefadfb18da752c82a77c310cb8b7df9067|
|Spyro.ccd||File||2016-06-28 15:50:41||773 bytes||ec767d7201e3937ae33dace9b444cee941c5924a|
|Spyro.cue||File||2016-06-28 15:50:41||69 bytes||eccb47c328b5a69a8ab1bdbcdf280518916aa2f2|
|Spyro.img||File||2020-03-09 17:45:35||526.25 MB||8d87e9f2bec79a46df57388915eab3fcea3d4fc7|
|Spyro.sub||File||2016-06-28 15:50:44||21.48 MB||91e438e14ed92eff1cf2a6007e8565ea0db689cc|
A very HUGE special thanks to hwd45 and Gh0stBlade for making this release possible!