Spyro the Dragon (Jun 15, 1998 prototype)
From Hidden Palace
|Spyro the Dragon (Jun 15, 1998 prototype)|
|Download Spyro the Dragon (Jun 15, 1998 prototype) (info)|
A prototype of Spyro the Dragon for the Sony PlayStation.
The Cutting Room Floor research
- There is no title screen or intro cutscene, nor is there any option to select a save file.
- Many gems and dragons have moved relative to their final positions.
- The only dragons to feature cutscenes are the dragons in the first three homeworlds, and all of these cutscenes feature unfinished dialogue and voice recordings.
- The rest of the dragons either only present text dialogue or show no dialogue prompt at all.
- Alpine Ridge, Twilight Harbor, Gnasty Gnorc and all Flight and Boss stages use early names, as does Gnasty's World.
- Wild Flight, Crystal Flight, Haunted Towers and Gnasty Gnorc all use placeholder textures, the latter level being in an incredibly early state.
- Gnorc Cove takes the role of the Gnorc Gnexus as the first level in Gnasty's World you encounter.
- Twilight Harbor has a very early object placement and is missing all its gems.
- All exit vortices use the dragon pad model in place of the vortex base. Most levels also include a gem floating in the vortex, too, something that is never seen in the final game.
- Both Gnorc Gnexus and Gnasty's Loot are missing from this version.
- There's a placeholder level name amongst the other Gnasty's World levels called "BUNCHACRAP".
- The fairies seen in the flight levels, High Caves and Haunted Towers use an earlier and much more cartoony design.
- Many enemies throughout the game were retextured in the final version.
- The Magic Crafters home features an extra room seen in some prerelease materials, but the room is empty.
- Blowhard features an introductory message warning the player about the boss and the boss fight itself features mechanics that weren't seen in the final release.
|IMAGE.ccd||File||2020-02-22 15:40:56||773 bytes||ec767d7201e3937ae33dace9b444cee941c5924a|
|IMAGE.cue||File||2020-02-22 15:40:56||69 bytes||eccb47c328b5a69a8ab1bdbcdf280518916aa2f2|
|IMAGE.img||File||2020-02-22 15:41:00||425.4 MB||59aafe14648890f13bbc50122e41b05007f879cf|
|IMAGE.sub||File||2020-02-22 15:41:00||17.36 MB||91e438e14ed92eff1cf2a6007e8565ea0db689cc|
A very HUGE special thanks to hwd45 for making this release possible!