|Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (Apr 9, 1999 prototype)
||Apr 9, 1999 19:09:58
||Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
||Sports - Skateboarding
||US Aug 20, 1999|
EU Aug 20, 1999
JP Feb 15, 2000
||US Sep 29, 1999|
EU Oct 28, 1999
JP Mar 30, 2000
An early prototype of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater for the Sony PlayStation, dated 133 days before the final build.
The Cutting Room Floor research
- Career Mode, Practice (Free Skate) and the options menu are not available in this build.
- The menu graphics are already representative of what the final game would become. The layout however is still the same from earlier builds.
- Only Tony Hawk, Bob Burnquist, Kareem Campbell, Bucky Lasek, Chad Muska and Geoff Rowley are selectable. Two additional skaters from earlier builds, whose official names are unknown, are in the game files and can only be accessed via hacking.
- Board Select is missing.
- This build contains a couple of scrapped levels and early versions of those that were released.
- Warehouse and Burnside are not in this build.
- Classic Concrete is a simple terrain test that crashes the game upon entering.
- A texture-less test level called "Suburbia" can only be accessed through hacking.
- There is no "Sound Levels" option implemented.
The cheat codes in this build are just leftovers of Neversoft's previous title "Apocalypse" (1998), whose engine this game runs on.
Most of them don't work in this build anymore.
Pause the game, hold L1 and enter:
||Down, Down, Triangle
|Skip To Restart
||Square, Circle, X