|Crash Bandicoot (Apr 8, 1996 prototype)
||April 8, 1996
|File release date
||October 12, 2011
||Crash Bandicoot Pre-Beta :)
||JP Oct 1, 1996|
EU Sep 16, 1996
US Jul 31, 1996
||JP Dec 6, 1996|
EU Nov 8, 1996
US Sep 9, 1996
A prototype of Crash Bandicoot for the PlayStation.
The Cutting Room Floor research
- The original preview copy from SCEA was given to a magazine for only a few hours for preview purposes. They weren't allowed to keep the original disc, so the disc was returned back to SCEA. This dump was made from a copy (see scan) of that disc made by someone of the magazine staff.
- The music is completely absent from this build, though data for some tracks can be found in the game files.
- The level-completion screen is absent. The game simply sends the player back to the map.
- There are no gems in this build, and as such there are no gem paths.
- Press R1 + L1 in the main menu to unlock all levels.
- Pressing R1 + L1 in-game makes Crash invincible to all dangers, except for pits and water/acid.