Area 51 (Aug 4, 2004 prototype)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Area 51 (Aug 4, 2004 prototype)|
|Download Area 51 (Aug 4, 2004 prototype) (info)|
|Download Area 51 (Aug 4, 2004 prototype) from external mirror|
A prototype of Area 51 for the PlayStation 2.
- The game starts on a SCE Demo Disc SDK NTSC Test Menu
- In the menu, it is possible to configure the possible playtime among other things
- Freezes during boot up because the disc was mastered as CD, while it's supposed to be a DVD, dump issue (unlikely, as it was dumped in both programs with identical output)
- To bypass the freeze, apply the xDelta patch.
- Built three weeks before the final build of the demo.
- No obvious visible differences from the final demo.
- Miscellaneous Notes:
- Game is emulatable (in PCSX2): Yes (as of March 17, 2021).
- Game contains dongle protection: No.
|PS2 - A51 Area 51.xdelta||File||2020-11-27 15:31:11||504 bytes||f326461fa4940da1671082d0f41179ec36b39bfa|
|PS2 - A51 Area 51.iso||File||2020-05-11 01:11:56||126.22 MB||fb139d0a0105deaad4a19ed38225535db1011b07|
|PS2 - A51 Area 51.dvd||File||2020-05-11 01:03:33||23 bytes||1718c0f17f47641b4280a40c6276a24a8a75525a|
|PS2 - A51 Area 51.jpeg||File||2020-05-21 15:37:22||1.03 MB||59a61a7a4ca682a27a3df50d670c8099ae626b54|
A huge thanks to Nex for doing the initial research on this prototype! And a huge thanks to the anonymous donor that allowed for this release to happen!
- Project Deluge: PlayStation 2 (Initial Announcement Article) (March 20, 2021)
- Cutting Room Floor (TCRF)
- Internet Archive (IA)